Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did you like Crysis Warhead more than the original ? Please share some toughts so we can se how the new one matches to the original

I'm thinking about buying it...
Is Crysis Wars any good ?

·
Premium Member
14,339 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by brian1337 View Post
I like it way more than the original Crysis, but then Warhead is too short compared to the original one.
I liked it a lot, but the story felt a little jumbled. I enjoyed the original a lot and there was more replay value for me with the original.

That being said, Warhead is great game and I still enjoy playing it. My favorite part is when you ride the train. I like Wars personally, but others don't like it all that much.

·
Premium Member
3,463 Posts
warhead is way too short, and feels like it was slapped together at the last minute.

the original, imo, was much longer and much more immerse gameplay. you actually get a sense of the storyline, which in warhead seems non-existent (just run-n-gun the whole time).

i liked the original better, personally.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i got good feedback, I've heard many bad thing about Warhead. Is the graphics better, how annoying are the alliens this time ?

·
Premium Member
16,927 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by IEATFISH View Post
I liked it a lot, but the story felt a little jumbled. I enjoyed the original a lot and there was more replay value for me with the original.

That being said, Warhead is great game and I still enjoy playing it. My favorite part is when you ride the train. I like Wars personally, but others don't like it all that much.
i can agree here. i was hoping for more open-ended play like crysis but it was too linear. it was fun, and well optimised, but it felt more like CoD 4 than Crysis tbh. Far Cry 2 disappointed me in that aspect as well, as the AI is ridiculous in it, and you can't jump to save your life

the graphics are better in warhead, the game is a lot faster, and the aliens are annoying in a fun and challenging way., get the game: really good.

haven't tried Crysis Wars though.

·
Old C-130 Guy
4,995 Posts
I have not played much of warhead yet!! But I like it so far.. I did like the first one, but thought it was to short..

I do hate EA's 3 install crap they put into warhead. I installed it only twice and it locked me out. I had to contact them to unlock it so I could play. They made it sound like they were doing me a favor by unlocking MY game..
Even if you reformat that counts as a new install.. I sure hope they don't use that crap in anymore of there games...

·
Registered
221 Posts
I liked the original better than Warhead. The gameplay in the original felt much much more open than in Warhead. A lot of things in Warhead seemed over the top, kind of like Rambo. I guess that is what they were going for though. I think both games are very good, but I liked the original better.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I prefer the original.

Crysis Wars is good though.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by By-Tor
View Post

I have not played much of warhead yet!! But I like it so far.. I did like the first one, but thought it was to short..

Boy are you gonna be disappointed.

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
i liked warhead, but something was off with the story. in crysis, i didn't like the part with the aliens, so i like warhead because you shoot a lot more KPA. but i thought the stup for firefights in crysis was better.

if i had to choose, i'd choose crysis until the zero-g part (i hate that part)

·
Read Only
5,227 Posts
I couldn't really get into warhead, I almost sat down and played the original straight through when I got it though. And the replay value of the original is so awesome.

I'm currently addicted to left 4 dead though, or I would try warhead some more.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
I am one of those who will tell you that Warhead was a complete waste of time.

It is very action packed, lots of gunning and running, and blah blah blah, but there is no substance beneath that action.

Crysis I felt had substance, warhead has none.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I liked Warhead better.
- I didnt find the originals story to be deep in the first place so that didnt bother me with the second.
- They went a little overboard with the vehicle and rail levels. The game was too short for how long these were which leads to the linearity. The on foot sections were not anymore linear than the original.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
The first story was like... nothing to me. Thanks, I guess I'll steer clear of this one til a big 'ol price drop in a year.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
A game that you can beat in 40 min in which they give you more than enough ammo for a war isn't a crysis game at all. The origional was FAR better!

·
Banned
11,459 Posts
I am playing through Warhead SP right now and the storyline is a bit sub-par but the fact that it looks and runs amazing kinda distracts me from any would-be story line

1 - 20 of 27 Posts