Overclock.net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently, I've been trying to make my overclock more stable and energy efficient. I read that CxE can cause severe stability issues when stress testing. I disabled CxE, but left EIST on because the BloodRage needs EIST enabled to use turbo mode. I'm using BloodRage BIOS P09. CPU turbo is set to "Always On" in the BIOS. Using a program called i7 Turbo (it comes with Real Temp), I discovered that my multiplier was throttling when CxE was enabled, but not when CxE was disabled. However, EIST was on in both situations. It passed some decent stress testing: 1 hour P95 small FFTs and 5 passes LinX w/problem size of 25,000. BCLK is 195, multiplier is 19X/21X w/turbo, vcore is 1.32V, and uncore is 1.28V.

·
Premium Member
4,026 Posts
EIST adjusts the multiplier and vcore based on CPU load. C1E lowers multiplier and vcore when idle. Disable EIST AND Turbo Mode, because it isn't used when overclocking, since you're overclocking the CPU permanently anyway. This will net you a higher (and maybe more efficient) overclock.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrAlex
View Post

EIST adjusts the multiplier and vcore based on CPU load. C1E lowers multiplier and vcore when idle. Disable EIST AND Turbo Mode, because it isn't used when overclocking, since you're overclocking the CPU permanently anyway. This will net you a higher (and maybe more efficient) overclock.

Thanks for the info. I'll give that a try.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.