1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
the gamer has more x-ram

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
The Xtreme Audio is the worst mainstream sound card you can buy, in my opinion. Basically you have no EAX, slightly lower sound quality, and no modes to choose from. You just get the Crystalizer and CMSS-3D for audio purposes.

The XtremeGamer is basically a strip down version of the XtremeMusic (Base Model X-Fi card). It offers the same specs except it has limited ports compared to higher X-Fi models. It still offers EAX 5.0, all 3 modes, etc.

No one should ever consider the Xtreme Audio, it's not worth your hard earned money. An Audigy 4 SE is cheaper and performs better than the Xtreme Audio. The XtremeGamer is fine for those that game and don't need much I/O connectivity, but the XtremeMusic is close in price and has the extra ports.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
thats cleared it up for me lol thanks

·
Banned
8,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So basically, the unless im going to actually need the extra ports, which I dont even know what they do dont worry about it?

Also just out of curiosity, what do the extra ports do?

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jori
View Post

So basically, the unless im going to actually need the extra ports, which I dont even know what they do dont worry about it?

Also just out of curiosity, what do the extra ports do?

Well, it's actually just one port that allows you to connect the Elite Pro's I/O console for more ports like MIDI I/O, Optical I/O, Coaxial I/O, etc. Since I'm guessing you're not going to buy the I/O console, you'll never need that extra port on the XtremeMusic

*Note* I say limited ports for XtremeGamer because it's easier to say than a port to get more ports

·
Registered
283 Posts
my xtremegamer is wonderful and i dont need midi ports and such so it works perfectly

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I love my XtremeMusic. I need all those ports. Also, the XtremeMusic is really easy to find for really cheap.

·
Premium Member
10,351 Posts
Doesn't one of them have 96KHz sample rate and the other 192? And how big of a difference does that make?

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Hundred Gunner
View Post

Doesn't one of them have 96KHz sample rate and the other 192? And how big of a difference does that make?

They both have the same 96kHz sampling rate. And don't be fooled by the number, it's best to have something play at their correct sampling rate. The most common example is that CD's are stored at 16-bit/44.1kHz, so playing them at 48kHz won't give you the best playback possible.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts