Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. As some of you may know, i am planning my i7 build and have chosen the P6TD deluxe motherboard.

I noticed that there is a V1 and a V2 for this motherboard. Could you explain some of the differences, advantages, disadvantages, comments on stability and overclocking potential.

Thanks Crooks.

·
Premium Member
5,037 Posts
The V1 is working out just fine for me, and I have a friend who's put his i7 up to 4.6 GHz on one. As far as I can tell, the difference is that the V2 doesn't have the SAS controller, but I haven't made a careful study of it.

·
Premium Member
7,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrDeodorant
View Post

The V1 is working out just fine for me, and I have a friend who's put his i7 up to 4.6 GHz on one. As far as I can tell, the difference is that the V2 doesn't have the SAS controller, but I haven't made a careful study of it.

Thanks for the information. Let me know if you find out anymore. In the meantime i'll try find some stuff out. I'll post my findings.

·
Premium Member
7,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It would seem that the P6T Deluxe V2 is older than the P6TD Deluxe. The v2 doesn't feature a SAS controller and doesn't have the same cooling design as the better P6TD Deluxe. Also the P6TD Dulexe is cheaper than the older V2. Seems like a hands down decision here.

·
Initializing...
23,794 Posts
Also whats different from v1 is that it now supports both SLI and Crossfire instead of just Crossfire in v1.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
don't all x58 boards support SLI and crossfire?

The main difference is that v2 doesn't have SAS controller. Also, back plate under the phases are slightly different. V1 seems to have slightly better cooling but the difference isn't substantial I think. overclock potential should be the same really.

V2 supports 24Gb of ram vs. V1's 12Gb.

I'm pretty sure V2 came after V1.

·
Super Moderator
19,302 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by calavera View Post
don't all x58 boards support SLI and crossfire?
X58 boards must use either an nF200 bridge or be licensed by nVidia (as mine is) for SLI. No matter what anyone says, ALL X58 boards support Crossfire natively.

What I don't understand is why the P6T Deluxe V1 was ejected from stocks so quickly...

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
P6T Deluxe
P6T Deluxe v2 = Marvell SAS Removed
P6TD Deluxe = Same as v2 but with more copper in its PCB. Asus calls this Xtreme Design.

·
Premium Member
4,146 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MNiceGuy View Post
P6T Deluxe
P6T Deluxe v2 = Marvell SAS Removed
P6TD Deluxe = Same as v2 but with more copper in its PCB. Asus calls this Xtreme Design.
Additionally, the P6TD does not have an FDD connector.

·
Premium Member
7,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I see some people are getting a little confused. Here are the boards in chronological order of production

Asus P6T Deluxe
Asus P6T Deluxe V2
Asus P6TD Deluxe

1 - 10 of 10 Posts