Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just picked up a digital optical cable and pluged it into my mobo and my speakers. Asus z68-v pro mobo and a z906 speakers. I get sound through the 5.1 analog red green orange cables, but I don't get it through the digital optical cable. Any ideas and suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
299 Posts
have you gone through and set up the correct output device in the "control panel>sound" menu? You need to make sure that the "digital output (optical)" is the default device, otherwise you won't be getting sound out of it. I don't know if it is an issue with windows, but you can only have 1 device outputting sound at a time.

·
Banned
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea Ive changed the setting to optical, doesn't work still.
would there be much of a difference using optical vs green orange red cables?

·
Premium Member
7,711 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vestito
View Post

Hi, I just picked up a digital optical cable and pluged it into my mobo and my speakers. Asus z68-v pro mobo and a z906 speakers. I get sound through the 5.1 analog red green orange cables, but I don't get it through the digital optical cable. Any ideas and suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!

That is because your motherboard digital outputs cannot do what you're wanting for ANYthing other than DVDs or BluRay or other pre bitstreamed media I would guess.

What media have you tried?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts