Overclock.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to watch a movie from my PC on the big screen TV last night and could not get any sound. After trying a number of things it seems that the Digitial out on my sound card has ceased to work. I had to reformat my C drive a week or so ago and re-install windows. Thought it might have been a driver issue so did the usual thing, ran driver sweeper, re-installed the latest drivers from Creative and still no love.

My headphones work and its registering sounds on the desk top but nothing is comming out. The Receiver seems to be working fine as the image is comming through without issue and the PS3 sound is perfect also.

I figure its the card playing up again, as I have had a few issues with this since windows 7 came along I figured it might be time for a new card.

I am running my PC through an Onkyo SR707 with 5 speakers. I was thinking of geting this:

http://www.techbuy.com.au/p/134528/S...ZT-BRAVURA.asp

Just in case I add more speakers down the road (I know most soundtracks are 5.1) however it seems that it runs on creativer drivers anyway so not sure it will help.

Any other suggestions / recomendations?

· Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowtoblerone;13107976
It doesn't fully run on creative drivers. Auzentech has their own set of drivers but the interface is actually worse than Creative. It does work most of the time, bug free. But why don't you use your motherboard coaxial or spidf optical out instead?
Thanks for the advice. After resetting the sound card, installing the drivers and re-running the cabling it seems to be good again. Don't know what the deal is. This thing is just troublesome. Thankfully I can use the SPIDF optical on the sound card again. The Creative console wont recognize the receiver though. Not that I care. It sounds great, that's all that matters.

· Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by aksthem1
View Post

You'd be better off using digital out from your motherboard. It's just a digital signal and the sound card isn't doing any conversion.

This is true. Its working now though and I am reluctant to change it again. Should it play up again I'll look at using the Mobo connection.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.