Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Source (YouTube)

Quote:
We've been measuring frame-rates since 2008. And we never seen anything as consistently bad as this.

Wow, what happened? Whoever was in charge with porting this game to consoles did a terrible job.

How did this even pass certification with Sony and Microsoft?

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Cinematic.

• Rep+
Reactions: Masterchief3k

·
Super Moderator
14,110 Posts
That is amazing. I didn't think it could get worse than Assassin Creed: Unity, but Xaviant managed to do it. It's quite an achievement.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest2000 View Post

They gave the PC version a 4/10. Sounds like a quality game all around!
I thought the PC version was supposed to be decent? I have it (I think I actually even have it installed), got it in some Humble Bundle or GOG sale or something but never got around to playing it yet.

·
Waiting for 7nm EUV
11,521 Posts
So both Sony and Microsoft let it pass certification? How?

Also, aren't console games, and in this specific case the Xbox One's, supposed to have V-Sync turned on? Wouldn't the developers have had to require special permission from Microsoft to run the game with it off? I'm suspecting that they allowed it in order to ease the fps problem at the cost of tearing. And the much darker image compared to the PS4 and PC is also suspicious. Darkening the image is one trick to hide less detail, and what is ironic is that doing it hurts gameplay but having downgraded the res to 900p from 1080p wouldn't as I doubt many people would complain as it's already the norm for intensive games on the platform and this isn't a well known game to begin with.

Intrigued as to what happened here.

·
Rabies is my business
4,365 Posts
Holy crap, that's even worse than when I tried playing BFBC2 on a mid '09 MBP.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
this is like if i tried to make a video game

• Rep+
Reactions: Robenger

·
Premium Member
10,755 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madpossum View Post

I thought the PC version was supposed to be decent? I have it (I think I actually even have it installed), got it in some Humble Bundle or GOG sale or something but never got around to playing it yet.
It's decent but not great gameplay-wise IMO. Runs at triple digit FPS though
tongue.gif

·
OC Enthusiast
1,054 Posts
i played tetris on ps4 at 15fps i think they fixed the performance weeks later lol
and witcher 3 was like 20-25fps before the updates
i m sure they will improve the framerate in this one as well

·
Registered
314 Posts
If you watch clips of the PC version, it looks fun and boring at the same time. I'm thinking about getting it at $2. I've done worst with $2.

·
Registered
989 Posts
The graphics do looks good, I mean it does look like a Cryengine 3 game but what the hell happened on consoles?

Considering Ryse is a game from the same engine & was developed for the Xone- you'd of thought there would be a well defined method to running CE3 on the Xbox at least.

·
High Clocker
3,415 Posts
Some one forgot to change the console default res down to 720.
Would of probably held 30fps then.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts