Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok first of all, thank you for read my post, im searching a monitor like most of us nowdays do since G-sync came out.
i tryied 2 times with pg279q and ye.......BLB ( btw im reading a lot of forums ,review and tft central, befor try by my self ,but now i realyl some advice .

My new choice are Predator Z35, Asus PG278q , Dell S2716DG , and can take in consideration any monitor u guys propose.
also this monitor isnt that bad AOC G2460PG but its 1080p

the stuffs i want from the monitor are : 2k , 144hz refresh, g-sync. i was in love with pg279q but rly that blb tookme down so badly :_:

thank you again for the time u spend help me and for read my post <3

·
Registered
560 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marckk View Post

ok first of all, thank you for read my post, im searching a monitor like most of us nowdays do since G-sync came out.
i tryied 2 times with pg279q and ye.......BLB ( btw im reading a lot of forums ,review and tft central, befor try by my self ,but now i realyl some advice .

My new choice are Predator Z35, Asus PG278q , Dell S2716DG , and can take in consideration any monitor u guys propose.
also this monitor isnt that bad AOC G2460PG but its 1080p

the stuffs i want from the monitor are : 2k , 144hz refresh, g-sync. i was in love with pg279q but rly that blb tookme down so badly :_:

thank you again for the time u spend help me and for read my post <3
Have you considered the Acer XB271HU? It has the same specs as the Asus PG279Q but people have much better luck with that one in terms of BLB. There are still the issues with bad uniformity, pixel defects, and dust under the screen. But in general the XB271HU is the better buy over the PG279Q.

I also have the AOC G2460PG, it is a good TN 144hz panel, but you can't compare it to IPS screens like the Asus and Acer. I played with the Dell S2716DG for a long time at my local store along with the old Asus PG278Q. They are both a step up from the AOC TN you mention, but still suffer from color shift and gamma shift even when you sit in front of the screen. They are great TN monitors, but they are TN.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First of all thank you for your reply, i was just checking now a topic in the forum and was also thinking of trying it but im really worried to get another model with problem >.<.......... also the think i want most as i said is jump from 1080p to 2k so 2k + 144hz + g-sync is a must, but i take it as last choice the AOC one .

·
Registered
560 Posts
Quote:

First of all thank you for your reply, i was just checking now a topic in the forum and was also thinking of trying it but im really worried to get another model with problem >.<.......... also the think i want most as i said is jump from 1080p to 2k so 2k + 144hz + g-sync is a must, but i take it as last choice the AOC one .
You're welcome. If you want to play it safe and accept the limitations of TN, I would suggest the Dell S2716DG over the Asus PG278Q. I don't know much about the Acer Z35 because I'm not into ultra-wide screens, but there were bad uniformity issues with that one in TFT's review.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlp0209 View Post

You're welcome. If you want to play it safe and accept the limitations of TN, I would suggest the Dell S2716DG over the Asus PG278Q. I don't know much about the Acer Z35 because I'm not into ultra-wide screens, but there were bad uniformity issues with that one in TFT's review.
Seconded. I am on AMD at current so neither is a smart option for me but I have had my fair share or experience with G Sync panels and most use the same OEM inside the same spec range. AU Optronics being a big supplier of these panels as a whole. Go with the Dell, they have great QC and waited to put their G Sync monitor to market.
thumb.gif

If there was a FreeSync Dell that fit the specs I prefer at current I would be using it(I think there is one 4k but I have no interest in that). If it comes out in the future, I will own it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank you also for have reply mate, so let's give a +1 to dell for now so atleast i know where to point most
thumb.gif

·
Registered
560 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoth420 View Post

Seconded. I am on AMD at current so neither is a smart option for me but I have had my fair share or experience with G Sync panels and most use the same OEM inside the same spec range. AU Optronics being a big supplier of these panels as a whole. Go with the Dell, they have great QC and waited to put their G Sync monitor to market.
thumb.gif

If there was a FreeSync Dell that fit the specs I would be using it. If it comes out in the future, I will own it.
AUO supplies the panels for the Dell as well, but they are different panels vs. the ones in the Acer / Asus IPS obviously.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Quote:

thank you also for have reply mate, so let's give a +1 to dell for now so atleast i know where to point most
thumb.gif
No worries and I would love to hear your thoughts on it if you decide to go that route. Regardless I would love to hear your input on whatever you choose as monitors have been the hardest decision as of late that I see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlp0209 View Post

AUO supplies the panels for the Dell as well, but they are different panels vs. the ones in the Acer / Asus IPS obviously.
I am aware. AU O makes I believe all of them but there may be a few that aren't. I don't have much 4K experience with VRR just 2560 x 1440 and lower.
The BenQ I use now is the same panel as the ROG Swift and basically every other 2560 x 1440 @ 144hz TN but the QC was far superior, as is the stand, feature set, price etc.
(chalk some of that down to preference)

I find the TNs to be a better buy than the IPS for 2560 x 1440 144hz. I see 0 pixel inversion using a 2meter DP 1.2a compliant cable and the colors are great once calibrated since they are 8 bit.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wanna wait a bit more few some advice and then make a choice, btw im not that much in to ultra wide but the predator z35 its so :Q___, aniway let's see what ppl think . and thanks again everyone who help me in that decision to take:thumb:

·
Registered
212 Posts
As someone who just upgraded from a 1080p 60hz TN panel to a Dell S2716DG, I'd say I'm happy. I also bought a Dell UP2716D IPS panel which is sitting next to it. It's not as sharp or vibrant as the IPS panel, but definitely good enough for a TN gaming monitor.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'v had a xb270hu xb271hu and pg279q over the past month wanting a G-Sync monitor. And I'v returned them all

Both Acer had the problem in this post:
http://www.overclock.net/t/1596932/isp-weakness-or-xb270hu-xb271hu-and-pg279q

and the Asus sufferes from severe BLB and pixel inversion

I have now ordered the Dell S2716DG, hoping it can do the job.

The price of the Dell is much more compelling here in Denmark
smile.gif

Acer XB270HU ~ €750
Acer XB271HU ~ €810
Asus PG279Q ~ €860
Dell S2716DG ~ €560

Yes yes I know it's a TN monitor, but I'm not gonne have it standing next to at IPS monitor so...
I can also upgrade my GFX for the €300 I save compared to the Asus
biggrin.gif

But this is just my 2 cents
thumb.gif

Christian

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thank you all <3........... well so the dell seem have good rep, my only problem with it is im forced buy it from them dfirectly for 660 euro T-T and with warranty extenction to 5 years i cam up spend 730 euro . the same price i have spend for pg279q

·
Registered
71 Posts
Going through this same dilemma myself currently. Seems like there's no clear winner among current G-Sync monitors and they all have their own quirks and issues. I'm currently leaning towards and will most likely be getting the Dell S2716DG.

First of all, its far cheaper for me than any of the other options: Only $530 on Amazon

Second of all, it seems to have the best quality control without needing to play the RMA lottery which sounds like a huge pain in the ass.

Lastly, it has all of the stuff I'm looking for in a monitor. G-Sync, 1440p resolution, and 120hz+ refresh rate. Pretty much the only things it loses out on is being TN instead of IPS, but for the cost and headache savings I think this is the best choice.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atikin View Post

Going through this same dilemma myself currently. Seems like there's no clear winner among current G-Sync monitors and they all have their own quirks and issues. I'm currently leaning towards and will most likely be getting the Dell S2716DG.

First of all, its far cheaper for me than any of the other options: Only $530 on Amazon

Second of all, it seems to have the best quality control without needing to play the RMA lottery which sounds like a huge pain in the ass.

Lastly, it has all of the stuff I'm looking for in a monitor. G-Sync, 1440p resolution, and 120hz+ refresh rate. Pretty much the only things it loses out on is being TN instead of IPS, but for the cost and headache savings I think this is the best choice.
still reading many ppl are going toward the dell, the only thing sux is in italy as i said befor, i must buy directly from dell and the monitor will cost around 660 euro, and if i want extend the warranty for 2 years more, i must pay around 75 euro so i came up to spend like the pg279q 730 euro T-T........

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Quote:

still reading many ppl are going toward the dell, the only thing sux is in italy as i said befor, i must buy directly from dell and the monitor will cost around 660 euro, and if i want extend the warranty for 2 years more, i must pay around 75 euro so i came up to spend like the pg279q 730 euro T-T........
I prefer buying monitors direct FWIW as I find it easier and faster if I need a replacement for any reason.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts