CPU: i7-2600k
MOBO: P8Z68-V PRO
RAM: corsair vengence 1600
PSU: corsair hx1050
SSD: adata 64gb
HDD: 2x 1TB Samsung
Sound: ASUS Xonar DX
Graphics: geforce 9800 gtx

This is my second time installing windows 7 ultimate x64 and about half a week into the installation it just starts blue screening for no apparent reason. Even the BSOD does help with what stopped, just says a process for os has suddenly stopped or exited and that's it. It says at the bottom that it's dumping memory but nothing is being dumped/nothing happens........

Any ideas??

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
wow.... ummm run Memtest86 to start. Also try a HDD test.

Edit: also try clearing the CMOS. and setting everything you have back to default if you have it overclocked.

·
Registered
372 Posts
try to install windows with just 4gb of ram, then when windows is finished installing, turn off then install the other 4gb of ram. hopefully one of your ram sticks didnt go bad

and plus make sure your board and cpu are running at default setting until you get windows installed

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea guys I've already tried taking out memory during installation, lowering clock speeds, no overclocking, memtest86 returned no errors......

you guys think its software related??

·
Registered
372 Posts
it could be, some times the discs are scratched and stuff, or it's a bad iso image you should buy another disc or dl another one and burn it. and that way through the process of elimination you can determine what the problem is.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I owouod have thought that, but ive lalready used the same disc install like 3 other systems so im not sure what could be the problem

1 - 7 of 7 Posts