Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, guys,

Quick noob question.

I am going to be mounting a '77 Bonnie Heater Core on the top of my Antec 900 case, sitting in a Performance Shroud, about an inch above the honeycomb grill.

Is it OK to mount the HC with the barbs pointing down? It reduce the length of the loop overall by probably 18" or so.

Attachment 146413

thanks,

EDIT: looked around some more and found plenty of examples of top mounted rads with the barbs pointing down, so I'm pretty sure this isn't an issue, just thought it was worthwhile checking with the experienced masses.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by jnt412
View Post

Any pics?.. :)

Yeah, I took a few of the shrouds while I was making them, plus here are some pix with the shroud + heatercore mounted up top. Obviously I still have some cable management to do, and have to plug the pump in to my PSU (still have it connected to a secondary PSU for bleeding), mount the pump, and put my side panel back on. BTW, the shrouds I made : the big one is directly from the Performance Shroud thread, and the one for the Chevette is based on same design, just smaller, and I made two of them, for push/pull.

So far I am very pleased with the temps. Overclocked to 3675 on 1.4 volts, after 30 minutes of Prime 95 large FFTs CPU max temp was 44. On idle, 28.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts