Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
3,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not too into racing games, is it worth the 40 bucks, I also don't have a DX11 card. Tips?

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
im playing it on the 360 and the game is AWESOME!, well thats my oppinion, Some cheeky lil advertising from amd/ati in there as well, some decent tracks but, u have to like ur driving games, especialy rally style, i feel it has a more of a arcade feel compared to the older colin mcrae games, but $40 is worth it to me, since im in the uk and that would cost like £25-28, u dont need a dx11 card to enjoy dirt 2, it doesnt fullly justify the capability of dx11 anyways, tip, basicly, if u find the deal again, grab "GRID" for cheap

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
It's pretty nice. Graphics are really good and you have to have controller to play it. Keyboard is damn near impossible. I also can't max it out at my resolution 1680 x 1050
. I'm actually rather disappointed.

·
Banned
3,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I like Burnout Paradise, but that's not a realy "racing" game. I might pick it up if I get the monies.

EDIT: I need a controller? I don't have any controlers besides a joystick and throttle.

·
Blue and Green Team!
10,736 Posts
Has anyone taken some good screens of this maxxed out?

I'd like to see it.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
No, its not neccessary to have a controller, just that a keyboard is realy just one click or hold, doesnt realy work well compared to a controller or steering wheel since u can gauge the turns with how much u push/turn in a direction

like i said before, it feels more arcade, so imagine burnout paradise, but crashing has severe consequences, unless u use flashbacks
(if u make a mess and crash, u can turn back time and correct your mistake... cnat do it online though)

·
Custom User Title
3,652 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by [Teh Root]
View Post

Well, I like Burnout Paradise, but that's not a realy "racing" game. I might pick it up if I get the monies.

EDIT: I need a controller? I don't have any controlers besides a joystick and throttle.

Yea,

Its like playing GRID on the keyboard.

Xbox 360 controller is recommended.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Go for it. It'll run like a dream on your system. I run it perfectly smoothly with everything on high, 2xAA, 1680*1050. DiRT 2 is one of the prettiest games ever, and I've played it more than any other game this year.
And buy one of these to play it with: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...ler%20wireless
Or just a standard wired xbox controller. Or if you already have an 360 controller just buy the PC adapter. Pretty much all PC games nowadays already have the xbox controller bindings in the game so the controls will be like on the xbox, but the game will be running on your beastly computer.

·
Registered
241 Posts
i actually think it's quite easy playing with keyboard.... playing in one of the hardest difficulties and still always 1st place . just be gentle with the throttle and brake soon enough and it will be quite easy using the keyboard.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dham
View Post

It's pretty nice. Graphics are really good and you have to have controller to play it. Keyboard is damn near impossible. I also can't max it out at my resolution 1680 x 1050

you cant max it out? i can play it all maxed and medium AA with 30-40 fps on my setup : S

·
Premium Member
10,977 Posts
The game is great. I love it. I have an old usb to playstation 2 controller adapter I am using to play the game with. Works great.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dham
View Post

You have something wrong then. I can max it out with my card at 1920 x 1200.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by vesley
View Post

i actually think it's quite easy playing with keyboard.... playing in one of the hardest difficulties and still always 1st place . just be gentle with the throttle and brake soon enough and it will be quite easy using the keyboard.

you cant max it out? i can play it all maxed and medium AA with 30-40 fps on my setup : S

Na. Hardware tessellation is a performance hit. Being that I play it with direct x 11. I have all settings on ultra with 8 x aa. I get some stuttering. I need to update my drivers too. I'll see how that works.

·
Totally New to OCN
10,627 Posts
I was playing the demo

I liked Dirt 1 more

In my opinion not worth it

1 - 16 of 16 Posts