Overclock.net banner

DIRT 2 problem w/ signing into Windows Live Games

9K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  sofoklis 
#1 ·
So I noticed Dirt 2 was ready to play, in Steam today. Registered my copy in Steam like everyone else who bought a 58xx card. So I launch the game, and it prompts me to sign into Windows Live Games so my game progress can be saved. Didn't have a Windows Live account, so I created one. I then sign in and it asks for the serial number of the game I'm trying to play. I enter my Dirt 2 serial #, and it has the nerve to tell me that it's not a valid serial Number, to please enter a valid product key. I tried 5 times now. It won't sign in so I can play. Why is it denying my AUTHENTIC, VALID serial # that came with my 5870?

EDIT: And for any of you who might be doubting whether I'm using an authentic key, here's proof:

See less See more
#4 ·
I am having the same problem. PM me if you figure anything out and I will do the same.

#10 ·
Thats because you aren't using the right email. I had this problem at first as well. But then i got the right email and it worked perfectly. I used the same one as my xbox live email if that helps any.

• Rep+
Reactions: amder
#11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sickened1
View Post

Thats because you aren't using the right email. I had this problem at first as well. But then i got the right email and it worked perfectly. I used the same one as my xbox live email if that helps any.

Oh wow ha never knew that! Thanks alot! : )

#12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maestro73
View Post

Figured out my issue....I was inputting the coupon code serial # instead of the Steam serial # when prompted at the game for windows live sign in. I guess that's user error? Anyway, it works now.

Not a fan of games for windows. I guess I'm showing my age. I miss the old days.

So it's fixed

#13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by amder
View Post

Oh wow ha never knew that! Thanks alot! : )

That work for ya?

#14 ·
Ok, got it working. What Maestro73 said is how you do it. Evidently, the serial # on the voucher card that comes with your 58xx is not the serial you're supposed to be entering in Windows Live Games. Gee, would it have killed them to include how to do it
. So, to reiterate: open Steam, My Games, right-click DiRT 2, then hit 'View Game CD', and viola -- that's the serial you enter. It's different than the one on the voucher card. Go figure.

#15 ·
Great thanks! Do you know which e-mail address and password you are supposed to input for Windows game live? What I mean is are you supposed to use an existing e-mail account from lets say hotmail or make up a new one?

#17 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Diabolical999 View Post
Ok, got it working. What Maestro73 said is how you do it. Evidently, the serial # on the voucher card that comes with your 58xx is not the serial you're supposed to be entering in Windows Live Games. Gee, would it have killed them to include how to do it
. So, to reiterate: open Steam, My Games, right-click DiRT 2, then hit 'View Game CD', and viola -- that's the serial you enter. It's different than the one on the voucher card. Go figure.
Think Steam even tells you the CD-Key in a pop-up window when you start the game.

#18 ·
when uve already downloaded it from steam, go to the tab ''My Game'', then left-click the game an choose the option view product key.Choose ''copy to clipboard, open ur game and then enter it when requested.

i have a prob with this game too. after ive done everything, i can play the game, but can't sign to widows live. it says it might be not available in my country, but i know it is.Anyone who had a similar situation plz respond.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.