Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well my page file is at the end of the hard drive so i only have 4.5 gigs of unpartitioned space. can i disable the paging file to install windows and then re-enable it?

·
Banned
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you can disable the paging file though, but i'm wondering if i can disable it to put windows 64 bit there and then re enable it

·
Premium Member
3,072 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chillaxed

you can disable the paging file though, but i'm wondering if i can disable it to put windows 64 bit there and then re enable it

How much space do you have left on your HDD in total? Have you got different partitions?

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chillaxed

would i be able to re enable it ppl! it shouldn't take 20 minutes

Yes, you can. You can disable it completely if you have 2 gb of ram, but with only 1 gb, you should leave one running or you'll crash often.
Edit: Wait, are you asking if you can install a new windows OS and use the exact same space for your pagefile? If so, the answer is no. Pagefile must have it's own reserved space that nothing else may use.

·
Banned
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
could i resize my main partition to like 100gigs? i just realized that its the space that wasn't partitioned! so if i resize it to like 100 gigs....is that possible?

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
You could resize it with PArtition Magic , I love that program.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by BountyHead

You could resize it with PArtition Magic , I love that program.

same here.. !

just be careful and keep the "rescue disks" handy...

·
Banned
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Originally Posted by mattlb0619

yea when you install it itll ask if you wanna make them or not... pull that old floppy drive ...

aww man, i guess i could just open up the case and connect it lol i'm too lazy to install it!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts