What makes it better than UltraMon?

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckieHo
View Post

What makes it better than UltraMon?

I haven't used UltraMon for a while so I can't make a reliable comparison, but I can tell you what I believe are the notable features of Display Fusion, which I do use:
  • change Windows login screen background
  • built-in wallpaper effects (Sepia, etc)
  • random wallpaper changer, from folders
  • window resizing and moving via hotkeys (I LOVE this)
  • multi-monitor taskbar (of course), with Windows 7 visual styles
  • window snapping
I wouldn't be surprised if UltraMon has all of these, but I just thought I'd throw in what I know. DF also performs very well; I run it on my tablet which has a 1.33 GHz C2D.

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Guruboy
View Post

I haven't used UltraMon for a while so I can't make a reliable comparison, but I can tell you what I believe are the notable features of Display Fusion, which I do use:
  • change Windows login screen background
  • built-in wallpaper effects (Sepia, etc)
  • random wallpaper changer, from folders
  • window resizing and moving via hotkeys (I LOVE this)
  • multi-monitor taskbar (of course), with Windows 7 visual styles
  • window snapping
I wouldn't be surprised if UltraMon has all of these, but I just thought I'd throw in what I know.

Windows 7 has resizing and moving via hotkeys and window snapping natively already....

Anything else? I have UltraMon now...

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckieHo
View Post

Windows 7 has resizing and moving via hotkeys and window snapping natively already....

Anything else? I have UltraMon now...

Wait, really? Like, you can use Windows 7 to set ctl+shift+z to resize to 1280x800 and place in the center of the screen, that kind of thing? And you can have windows snap to the sides and to each other within 10, 20, etc pixels? I've never heard of that feature being built into Windows 7. I'll be annoyed if I've been missing it this entire time.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It can add custom buttons to menu bars to do all kinds of stuff, you can hotkey pretty much anything. I am especially fond of a button that centers a window and re-sizes it to 75%. That and a middle mouse button on the title bar of an open window switches it maximized between monitors. It is also generally easier to use than ultra mon imho. Not to mention cheaper.

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Guruboy
View Post

Wait, really? Like, you can use Windows 7 to set ctl+shift+z to resize to 1280x800 and place in the center of the screen, that kind of thing? And you can have windows snap to the sides and to each other within 10, 20, etc pixels? I've never heard of that feature being built into Windows 7. I'll be annoyed if I've been missing it this entire time.

Nothing that advanced...

Windows + ↑ (Up Arrow) â€" Maximize window
Windows + ← (Left Arrow) â€" Snap window to left side covering half of desktop space. Continue pressing the keyboard shortcut will rotate the window between snap to left, snap to right and restore to normal position.
Windows + → (Right Arrow) â€" Snap window to right side covering half of desktop space. Continue pressing the keyboard shortcut will rotate the window between snap to left, snap to right and restore to normal position.
Windows + ↓ (Down Arrow) â€" Minimize the window. Restore to normal size and position if the window is currently maximized.
Windows + Home â€" Clear all but the active window.
Windows + Space â€" All windows become transparent so you can see through to the desktop.
Windows + Shift + ← (Left Arrow) â€" Move the active window to the adjacent monitor on the left for dual or multiple monitors setup.
Windows + Shift + → (Right Arrow) â€" Move the active window to the adjacent monitor on the right for dual or multiple monitors setup.
Windows + M â€" Minimize all windows.
Windows + + (Add) â€" Zoom in.
Windows + D â€" Show desktop and restore desktop (minimize or restore all windows).
Windows + â€" (Minus or Dash) â€" Zoom out
Windows + X â€" Run Windows Mobility Center.

• Rep+
Reactions: chatch15117

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
awesome deal, but I prefer using UltraMon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts