Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm on Windows 8.1 with a XFX R9 290 connected to an Asus PA248Q 1920x1200 monitor. If I connect my monitor through DP on my graphics card, the resolution changes when windows start up and all my desktop shortcuts gets rearranged. However, I never actually see the resolution change. When booted to desktop the resolution is completely normal. The reason I know my res changes is because iTunes and Samsung magician will shoot an error stating it is only compatible on screens with resolutions of at least 1024x768.

and the fact that my shortcuts are rearranged. All this doesn't happen when connected through HDMI. I've gone through multiple iterations of AMD Catalyst/Crimson and changing drivers doesn't work.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried to install it but I get an error that third party inf doesn't have signature. So I rebooted into troubleshoot startup to be able to install the unsigned inf file, but once I click install, I don't get a confirmation that it's done. So I reboot normally and my monitor still says generic PnP monitor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts