Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all. Just got my sig rig up and running and I couldnt be happier. One minor issue. I bought a new WD USB 3.0 1 TB drive as my backup, and for some reason it keeps dissapearing. No real rhyme or reason. Some reboots no problem, others its gone and I have to reinstall the drivers to get it recognized again. I updated all firmware, and bios, drivers etc, and no luck, still happens. Board is a rampage 3 extreme. Any advice?

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,827 Posts
If the drive is completely empty, then this may be being caused by Windows 7's setting that hides empty drives. So, just to be sure, open the Folder Options control panel, and uncheck the setting that says "Hide empty drives in the Computer folder".

But if it's not empty, then I wouldn't know what to do either.

• Rep+
Reactions: RacWisco

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoCables View Post
If the drive is completely empty, then this may be being caused by Windows 7's setting that hides empty drives. So, just to be sure, open the Folder Options control panel, and uncheck the setting that says "Hide empty drives in the Computer folder".

Nope sorry. I had done some manual backups of my
lightroom Database so I know it had data.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoCables View Post

Honestly, I think its going to be early adopters remorse. I remember a ways back people talking about how support for this was tacked on at last minute. too bad, its blazingly fast when it works

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,827 Posts
I'm just hoping that sometime over the next 24-48 hours, we receive at least one reply from somebody who knows something about this.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,827 Posts
Bump. We need help!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts