Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally decided to jump into a custom loop build for my rig (see sig). I am looking to cool my 2600x on a Asrock Taichi x470, and 2 GTX Titan Xp graphics cards. I did use the EKWB Configurator but I did notice that it lacks an option to add a drain port, what parts do I need to add this to the rig? I already have plenty of Corsair ML120 fans (5 of them)

EKWB G 1/4" EK-FC Terminal Dual Parallel 3-Slot Graphics Water Block - Black

PrimoChill PrimoFlex 3/8" (10 mm) x 1/2" (13 mm) Advanced LRT Tubing 10 ft. - Crystal Clear

EKWB G 1/4" Straight Compression Fitting - Nickel x10

EKWB CryoFuel Pre-Mixed Coolant 900 ml - Clear

EKWB ATX Bridging Plug 24-pin

EK-CoolStream PE 360 (Dual)

EK-CoolStream PE 240 (Dual)

EKWB EK-FC GTX 1080 Ti Water Block - Nickel x2

EKWB EK-FC1080 GTX Ti Backplate - Nickel x2

EK EK-Supremacy EVO RGB AMD Water Block - Nickel

EK EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM Reservoir with Pump

Here's a link to the parts I have in my cart, I am looking to source the parts from my local MicroCenter.

·
Totally Tubular
1,508 Posts
Parts needed for drain port depends on how you want it.

How I would do it with EK parts...

T-Splitter x1
Extender (make sure you get M-M; length is up to you) x1
Ball Valve x1
Plug for ball valve (not really needed, but makes it neater) x1

Note: You will need two extra compression fittings to add this into the loop.

Also, a recommendation regarding the tubing and fittings -- that tubing is really thin-walled so is easy to kink. I'd get 3/8" ID 5/8" OD tubing and fittings.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome thanks! I'll change over the fittings and tubing to the size you recommended. Also is a single D5 pump going to be strong enough for 2 rads, 2 gpus and a cpu??

·
Totally Tubular
1,508 Posts
Also is a single D5 pump going to be strong enough for 2 rads, 2 gpus and a cpu??
Shouldn't be a problem. I've run loops with nearly that setup (minus one GPU) and a single D5 was plenty.

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,207 Posts
Are you in a part of the world where you are stuck with EK, or do you have access to parts from the US?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts