Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about going water sometime in the summer and want to know what components to look out for if they become available used, or a good deal. I "think" I have everything picked out.I just need a pump, and i i am slighlty confused as to which one to get. Is jab-tech the right place to order from , or are there other good places? Thank you for the help, oh and btw this loop will *most likely* be housed in a cosmos s. Possibly a CM Haf 932. Unless is there any way i can externally mount a rad to my current mid-tower case or would that be to difficult? CPU only Loop
LL

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I may look at that pump, but i wanna try and spend less than 225 shipped with this project. What about mounting the triple rad externally? Is it ever going to happen?

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
You can mount a 360 externally it has been done before, just get a radbox and mount it off of that. I'm not sure on a cheaper pump, I can't seem to find any that are cheaper than that, or at least one thats cheaper and is of decent quality.

·
Premium Member
3,104 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by rtop2
View Post

Ok...When you say "off of the radbox" Do you mean *Rad>Radbox>Case* ?

Yup. Precisely.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And would that work well? Would there be any disadvantage instead of using an internally mounted rad?

·
Premium Member
3,104 Posts
Absolutely no makes no difference if the rad is mounted inside our out. Basically it comes down to aesthetic preference.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hmm, well considering that pc is under my desk, aesthetic isn't really a concern, but how would i go about putting fans on the rad?

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hmms, I like the setup. Do you guys think that a dual rad would suffice for a cpu only loop?

·
Premium Member
3,104 Posts
Yes. The MCR220 is good. You can probably get one for cheap in the for sale section then use that money for a MCP655.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
MCP655 is the pump correct? And does the MCR220 come with mounting screw to mount to a rad box or would i have to go buy screws separately?

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by rtop2 View Post
MCP655 is the pump correct? And does the MCR220 come with mounting screw to mount to a rad box or would i have to go buy screws separately?
Yes.

Probably, if not the rad box should have them.

·
Premium Member
3,104 Posts
Yup the mcp655 is a pump. The radbox would come with the screws necessary. I'm almost 100% positive the mcr220 will come with 8 screws for your fans.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OK. This is good! I just sold a nintendo wii package for 270$ and i am will *most likely* be spending that case on a wc system! But keep the suggestions coming, and advice, i appreciate it greatly.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by rtop2 View Post
Recommended fans?
Depends on the rad. Some radiators perform better with low cfm fans and others are the oposite.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok well i think the MCR220 is the rad i will be going as there seems that i will be able to get one on OCN probably. What fans?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts