Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I just bought the Steel Series Dex, and I love the low-friction slide it allows. Unfortunately, it's way too small for me to game on.
That got me wondering - the surface of it is existentially just textured silicone, right? Or is it more complicated then that? My thoughts are, perhaps I could buy a cheap long sheet of textured silicone and create a near identical effect? I realise that it's also got a rubber base underneath it too. When I Googled 'textured silicone sheet' there were quite a few silicone sheets that looked similar to the DEX.

i don't care if it doesn't look glamorous, I just want to emulate the same experience. I know there are many 'speed' cloth mouse pads, but I find the textured surface on the DEX is what minimises friction which is a quality that cloth pads don't have, so a cloth pad might feel smooth, but very well may not have that low friction slide.

Any inspirational ideas for a DIY adventure would be appreciated.

Thank you :)

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
if you don't want to DIY there is a Chinese brand mousepad which is 440 x 400mm in size

https://world.taobao.com/item/54040...&spm=a312a.7700824.w4004-16188107474.3.iz0bhp

I am not sure if it's in stock but you can use something like superbuy or taobaofocus to buy it, it'll cost a lot though :p

regarding DIY I am not sure really, it's fabric bonded onto a silicone sheet, the surface itself is not silicone (I think).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts