Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,222 Posts
Not sure if that's the same PCB as what @WiSK posted about yesterday in the OCN Watercooling Club thread. You might hit him up with a PM and point him to this thread. He tends to be a very helpful and informative fella.
thumb.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiSK View Post

I mentioned a few weeks ago that I tore a pad off a DDC pump. I had ghetto fixed it thanks to IT Diva's advice, but Lowfat mentioned that DIYINHK sell replacement PCBs. So I ordered one and managed to figure out how to solder it to the coils. It's a newer version than the one mentioned on Martin's Liquid Lab - was designed in September.

·
8.2 liters
5,574 Posts
Hi! It is the same one as I used, but you have to look what colour impeller is in your pump. On the site he mentions which boards are compatible with which impeller types. You see, the colour of the impeller indicates the electrical properties of the induction coils used in your pump model.

I should say that @lowfat has expressed doubts about the noise levels of earlier versions of these replacement boards. But the recent circuitry improvements may help that.

Your mileage may vary...

·
Premium Member
4,967 Posts
Haven't tried the PWM flavor but it doesn't sound promising. I have tried both the 18w Toshiba and the 10w Sanyo based boards and would recommend the Sanyo option:

http://www.diyinhk.com/shop/ddc-pump/12-laing-ddc-water-pump-10w-repair-pcb-wled-mcp350.html

It has a nice smooth sound similar to the Laing 3 series controllers perhaps better. The Toshiba while being more powerful was more like an old DDC1 controller and a bit buzzy in comparison.

The Sanyo gets my vote.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Dissapointing. Thanks for the input
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiSK View Post

Hi! It is the same one as I used, but you have to look what colour impeller is in your pump. On the site he mentions which boards are compatible with which impeller types. You see, the colour of the impeller indicates the electrical properties of the induction coils used in your pump model.

I should say that @lowfat has expressed doubts about the noise levels of earlier versions of these replacement boards. But the recent circuitry improvements may help that.

Your mileage may vary...
I've got a blue top, but based on lowfat's impressions it doesnt look like it will do anything for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinm210 View Post

Haven't tried the PWM flavor but it doesn't sound promising. I have tried both the 18w Toshiba and the 10w Sanyo based boards and would recommend the Sanyo option:

http://www.diyinhk.com/shop/ddc-pump/12-laing-ddc-water-pump-10w-repair-pcb-wled-mcp350.html

It has a nice smooth sound similar to the Laing 3 series controllers perhaps better. The Toshiba while being more powerful was more like an old DDC1 controller and a bit buzzy in comparison.

The Sanyo gets my vote.
I was hoping the PWM board would be good since I wanted to speed control my mcp350 as it is currently the loudest thing in my case. Looks like i'll have to track down an mcp35x

1 - 8 of 8 Posts