Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my friend is a dj and asked me to look into a dj laptop for him since he is a dj and his just broke. Nothing survived his accident not even his external sound card. He is looking for a decent battery life because he says on some laptops plugging his labtop into the power makes a weird noise come out of his speaker idk if he is dumb or what but probly 8 cell battery or better thinking just running music wont use alot of battery life and would last atleast 6 hours. hard drive size doesn't matter for him because he has external hard-drive rly as long as it has 250 gb+. A good sound card since he is a dj. He said he also would like a web cam for other uses in life and what ever graphics card that can support a webcam fine i think any old graphics card can so he doesn't need a good graphics cards. screen size and resolution doesn't matter to him. weight doesnt rly matter either as long as it isn't a truck. This labtop only needs to last him 3 years so he isnt looking to spend alot but he said if it cost alot for a good dj laptop he is willing to spend it.

Thank-you =) hopefully someone finds me something good for a good price

·
Registered
4,831 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,146 Posts
I would highly recommend a Lenovo X201. Customize one with a 64-bit version of Windows 7, 4 GB of RAM, a 7200RPM hard drive if desired, a screen with an integrated webcam, a 9-cell battery. It's a Lenovo ThinkPad so it's a bit more pricey but I don't know how much your friend is prepared to spend. Integrated sound is never awesome in a laptop so an external sound card is advisable. It's an awesome little laptop.
The only downside to its size is that it has no optical drive. That may or may not be an issue to your friend (to me it isn't).

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
i was going to recommend an hp envy, but those are way too much. how goo is the sound on an m11x anyway?

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
dell xps m1330 refurb was also on my list, but the sound isn't that good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts