Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:
One paper detailed that hydrogen gas was flowing throughout the atmosphere and disappeared at the surface. The second paper showed that the lack of chemicals on the surface could have only been consumed by alien life.
It's believed that in the next four billion years, when the Sun turns into a red giant, "it could be paradise on Titan."
Wonderful news, can't believe OCN missed out on it. It's not that old, just the beginning of this month. Go Cassini! Titan is a very very interesting moon because it actually has a functioning ecosystem with weather cycles and all much like we have here on earth. Atmosphere, mountains, lakes, seas, rivers, rain. It's just not water. It's methane.

Source - Contains links to actual debates.

Original Source

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by CryWin View Post
Hydrogen consumption = Aliens
It's astonoshing what they discovered in the past months, I did some more research on Titan:

While an old picture, it's the first real imagery of Titan's surface.

A little more detailed info on recently discovered data about Titan.

Basically, Titan is stuuuuuffed with organic chemicals, dormant by the cold, waiting to be kickstarted into life by warmth.

·
Banned
1,524 Posts
Repost, and they haven't actually found life. They have noticed a process that COULD potentially be explained by a biological process, but could also be explained by a chemical or other process.

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by timAHH View Post
Repost, and they haven't actually found life. They have noticed a process that COULD potentially be explained by a biological process, but could also be explained by a chemical or other process.
Bah. Can't remember having seen it on OCN and a quick search didn't turn up anything. That Google searcher spews up everything one's NOT looking for lol.

Edit: Yes, Duckie it's a repost. You actually link the source straight from the horse's mouth. Thanks

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicBox View Post
Bah. Can't remember having seen it on OCN and a quick search didn't turn up anything. That Google searcher spews up everything one's NOT looking for lol.

Edit: Yes, Duckie it's a repost. You actually link the source straight from the horse's mouth. Thanks

yea thats a repost too of something astronomers have known for some while

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
This is definitely very exciting news indeed. If we do actually find life on Titan, it will be much easier to study it than some far away planet (I know titan is very far away, but its fairly close to us compared to other planets/moons out there).

·
Premium Member
3,751 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicBox
View Post

It's astonoshing what they discovered in the past months, I did some more research on Titan:

While an old picture, it's the first real imagery of Titan's surface.

A little more detailed info on recently discovered data about Titan.

Basically, Titan is stuuuuuffed with organic chemicals, dormant by the cold, waiting to be kickstarted into life by warmth.

I should break out a heat lamp or just my gaming rig. should give them a boost.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dockery
View Post

Where are the UFO guys? Are they slacking off?

Maybe the reason they haven't shown up is because this has nothing to do with UFO's or intelligent aliens. Go read the article you might actually learn something.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruckol1 View Post
Life can't just be limited to sun, water and oxygen. In this entire universe there has to be more ways to sustain "living" organisms.
This is true. First it was Mars, now it's Saturn.

·
Registered
86 Posts
So maybe sometime people could live on Titan if it gets a bit warmer. But first we'd have to get rid of the titans that live there.. Trust me. I've seen the movie and it's no place for humans.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TFL Replica
View Post

The best way to find advanced alien life forms is to fly a satellite around and wait for it to get shot down.

or when where told that earth has to be destroyed for an intergalactic highway

1 - 20 of 28 Posts