Overclock.net banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Banned
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Yeah there are these people that are like hell bent on convincing others of just crap

I mean I dont plan on having many 90 or even any most likely, but seriously from the get go I was just like how in the hell could this possibly actually significantly impact performance...

Jesus christ...

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much about elbows in the loop. I have a lanig D5 in my loop and quite a large amount of 90 degree turns. Plus add the fact of having three rads. which are essentially a large collection of 180 degree turns. My flow is quite sttrong and pushes up a decent fountain in my res. as it returns.

You can see a series of 4 90's right off of the cpu block. I had to do this to complete such close proximity block linking.

In summary, do what every you want,but keep 90's a little distance from the pump inlet and outlet

My
2cents.gif

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZytheEKS View Post

Actually most radiators use a dual pass U flow system, so half of the tubes are all running in parallel. The combined area of the chambers running in parallel is usually quite a bit larger than the tubing you are using, and the chambers themselves have no bends or curves, but rather the chambers at the end create the U flow. This means most radiators will add little to no restriction to a loop
tongue.gif

THEN there's the radiators that use tubes with 180 degree turns instead of chambers and charge 3x more money , because **** logic, that's why!
Quite true... I was referring to the latter in my post, but I guess I should have specified... my alphacools are definitely less restrictive than my tubing. I should have been clearer.
smile.gif

·
Premium Member
5,508 Posts
Umm, I definitely get more harmonically balanced data transfers with slightly more musical IOPS with my Titanium Unobtanium alloy SATA cables, and they were a blessed by the Angolian Monks of The Order of the Scambodians....

Let's not forget the mystical rejuvenating powers of reindeer urine in a water loop. It's the best way to go, no, the ONLY way! The rest of you just don't know any better
tongue.gif

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiGiCiDAL View Post

That's what I've been doing wrong... I was using Chilean llama urine in mine!
doh.gif
Sub-ambient water temps here I come!
redface.gif
I just vent the heat into an alternate dimension using a quantum warp relay. Sub ambient? ***** I get sub-absolute zero temps! Because seriously, **** LOGIC!

·
Premium Member
5,508 Posts
Ah, yes, the elusive Dimensional-Warping Molecular-Level-Thermologically-Balanced Carbon Nanotube Hexaduple Quad-Phase 17-Parallel-Dimension Quantum-Tunneling Space-Fabric Rift block, with its accompanying Anti-Gravity Einsteinium-alloyed Magnetorheological Sub-Zero Kelvin Thermal Interface Material...
I heard that it recently beat out the popular Unicorn rainbow-poop and Ground-Up Leprechaun 50:50 pre-mix as the best performing cooler...? Any truth to this?

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nleksan View Post

Ah, yes, the elusive Dimensional-Warping Molecular-Level-Thermologically-Balanced Carbon Nanotube Hexaduple Quad-Phase 17-Parallel-Dimension Quantum-Tunneling Space-Fabric Rift block, with its accompanying Anti-Gravity Einsteinium-alloyed Magnetorheological Sub-Zero Kelvin Thermal Interface Material...
I heard that it recently beat out the popular Unicorn rainbow-poop and Ground-Up Leprechaun 50:50 pre-mix as the best performing cooler...? Any truth to this?
Well with my current overclock my computer runs so fast it actually dials back time while it's loading when I click on something, so it opens before I actually click it, and I'm getting about -75kelvin as far as temps. How does the rainbow-**** and leprechaun perform under the effects of temporal manipulation?

·
Registered
603 Posts
Guys, I'm adjusting PLLs and SA and no matter what I do I can't activate the Stårgåte or get the double rainbow going. What am I doing wrong?

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SynchronicBoost View Post

Guys, I'm adjusting PLLs and SA and no matter what I do I can't activate the Stårgåte or get the double rainbow going. What am I doing wrong?
Needs more cowbell I think.

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
Quote:

Have you installed the flux capacitor and rewound the F.T.L. E-Zo coils?

·
Premium Member
5,508 Posts
THREAD OF THE YEAR, RIGHT HERE FOLKS!

·
Registered
603 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZytheEKS View Post

Have you installed the flux capacitor and rewound the F.T.L. E-Zo coils?
Sorry, my bad was low on LN2

·
Registered
2,704 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
Quote:

Sorry, my bad was low on LN2
Who still uses LN2? You need to upgrade to liquid helium man, that's where it's at!

21 - 40 of 70 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.