Overclock.net banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,508 Posts
Pssh... Liquid helium is child'splay... just wait til you see my dark matter split fission trans-dimensional vortex rift generator!

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nleksan View Post

Pssh... Liquid helium is child'splay... just wait til you see my dark matter split fission trans-dimensional vortex rift generator!
But nuclear fission would create heat? LOTS OF HEAT! Like enough heat to power a nuclear reactor!
CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 50

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Maybe he's actually invented cold fission...
wink.gif
Either that or my hypothesis would be that by employing the trans-dimensional vortex rift he's able to dump the heat into a parallel universe - and via dark matter create a 'heat vacuum' directly over the CPU core itself... thus actually eliminating not only the fission bi-products, but also removing heat that the CPU has yet to even create.

It's a pretty slick concept... I'm afraid it's not likely to be stable enough to pull a full 24-hour Prime95 run however. Or more to the point, it will - but by the time it's finished... it will actually be the day before the run was started - so we'll never know if it was stable or not.
biggrin.gif

This thread should probably be moved by a moderator to the Off Topic lounge so we can continue with this inane banter without confusing the crap out of someone that was actually wondering about 90-degree bends, but had the misfortune of reading past the first 2 pages.
smile.gif

·
Registered
603 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiGiCiDAL View Post

This thread should probably be moved by a moderator to the Off Topic lounge so we can continue with this inane banter without confusing the crap out of someone that was actually wondering about 90-degree bends, but had the misfortune of reading past the first 2 pages.
smile.gif
Umm, this thread already exists in that forum simultaneously to this one in a dimension 90 degrees to the one you're reading it from. That's why the mods aren't doing anything because it doesn't violate the TOS in either dimensional existence

·
Registered
688 Posts
This thread went from great, to perfect, to epic.

FWIW, I've used a 45 and a 90 degree fitting coming out of my pump without any issues.

·
Premium Member
5,508 Posts
Quote:

wink.gif
Either that or my hypothesis would be that by employing the trans-dimensional vortex rift he's able to dump the heat into a parallel universe - and via dark matter create a 'heat vacuum' directly over the CPU core itself... thus actually eliminating not only the fission bi-products, but also removing heat that the CPU has yet to even create.

It's a pretty slick concept... I'm afraid it's not likely to be stable enough to pull a full 24-hour Prime95 run however. Or more to the point, it will - but by the time it's finished... it will actually be the day before the run was started - so we'll never know if it was stable or not.
biggrin.gif
Exactly! The problem is, I have yet to develop a means of telling me which dimension my CPU is currently in, so it's kind of a hassle trying to track it down when it breaks free :S

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
my rigs inter dimensional vortex has exceeded 90 degrees of awesome!!, now it is off to mars for ratitoui cooking lessons. Once it achieves the 47th level of electro migration, it will travel through time, bring back a hybrid race of terminator fluffy bunnies wielding rainbow ray guns!!

That is on topic.... right???

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
Quote:

wink.gif

biggrin.gif

smile.gif
Cold Fission? THAT DOESN'T EVEN MAKE SENSE!!! The entire point of fission is to transform matter into energy! Cold fission would imply turning matter into energy without creating energy. WHAT!?!??!!?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asustweaker View Post

my rigs inter dimensional vortex has exceeded 90 degrees of awesome!!, now it is off to mars for ratitoui cooking lessons. Once it achieves the 47th level of electro migration, it will travel through time, bring back a hybrid race of terminator fluffy bunnies wielding rainbow ray guns!!

That is on topic.... right???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asustweaker View Post

wow, once i read that outloud, i realized my counseling has really been helping
biggrin.gif
I need help
tongue.gif
It's dangerous to go alone, take this with you:

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZytheEKS View Post

Cold Fission? THAT DOESN'T EVEN MAKE SENSE!!! The entire point of fission is to transform matter into energy! Cold fission would imply turning matter into energy without creating energy. WHAT!?!??!!?!?!
The 'cold' in his case is referring to both the fact that the fission byproduct is being released in a parallel dimension apart from ours (the one in which the reaction is occurring) and as well to the fact that it is fairly likely that he's using CDM (Cold Dark Matter) - considering the fact that the very existence of HDM has been disproven for more than 15 years IIRC. Although I suppose it's possible that he was able to somehow gather baryonic dark matter - in which case it's not CDM - considering the relative difficulty of this I thought it was far, far more likely to be non-baryonic dark matter - therefore it's also most likely CDM.

However, it's his trans dimensional vortex cooling apparatus - so it's simply academic conjecture on my part as to how he's manipulating space-time fabric - but IT ACTUALLY DOES MAKE SENSE!!! So how do you like them apples erm... make that "axions".
tongue.gif

And as far as that kitten is concerned... I'll take 3 please!
biggrin.gif

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
Quote:

The 'cold' in his case is referring to both the fact that the fission byproduct is being released in a parallel dimension apart from ours (the one in which the reaction is occurring) and as well to the fact that it is fairly likely that he's using CDM (Cold Dark Matter) - considering the fact that the very existence of HDM has been disproven for more than 15 years IIRC. Although I suppose it's possible that he was able to somehow gather baryonic dark matter - in which case it's not CDM - considering the relative difficulty of this I thought it was far, far more likely to be non-baryonic dark matter - therefore it's also most likely CDM.

However, it's his trans dimensional vortex cooling apparatus - so it's simply academic conjecture on my part as to how he's manipulating space-time fabric - but IT ACTUALLY DOES MAKE SENSE!!! So how do you like them apples erm... make that "axions".
tongue.gif

And as far as that kitten is concerned... I'll take 3 please!
biggrin.gif
My reaction to the explanation:

·
Premium Member
5,508 Posts
If it made sense, it wouldn't work nearly as well. That's like the first rule of trans-dimensional cooling.

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nleksan View Post

If it made sense, it wouldn't work nearly as well. That's like the first rule of trans-dimensional cooling.
2nd Rule: The third rule is a lie
3rd Rule: The second rule is the truth.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZytheEKS View Post

2nd Rule: The third rule is a lie
3rd Rule: The second rule is the truth.
So now you're attempting to employ a paradox as a cooling apparatus... interesting.

In the words of Homer Simpson, "Your ideas appeal to me and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter".
wink.gif

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
Quote:

So now you're attempting to employ a paradox as a cooling apparatus... interesting.

In the words of Homer Simpson, "Your ideas appeal to me and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter".
wink.gif
You're the one talking about using "cold nuclear fission" to cool something! Talk about paradoxes

·
Premium Member
5,508 Posts
It clearly states that it is "INTER-DIMENSIONAL Cold Fission", which negates the paradox by simply being so convoluted that it can't logically justify itself to NOT function...

Now I just need to find 92 gerbils, 8 and a half cats, and a pair of moose (mooses? meese?) to help power the semi-solid state trans-flux ionic precipitation polarization reversal capacitation beam-forming device as I just received my 30ft-diameter Schrodinger Triple-Phase Ionic Particle Beam Focusing Lens after a lengthy 2 year wait, because as we all OBVIOUSLY know, they don't function properly unless hand-polished from a single piece of naturally-formed Venus Glass by exactly 913 trained Mongolian Red Apes (very rare!) with 4 19-to-22yr old supermodels overseeing production. I have found that by separating the production of the gerbilpower and moose-pounds of torque, efficiency is increased by approximately 42 percent. The cats are obviously test subjects, but function well as "Gerbil-chargers" in the mean time, allowing for a 3.14159% increase in gravitational flux transmission.

Now who's laughing at who, huh NASA???

41 - 60 of 70 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.