Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
XSPC just released addressable rgb fans that work with asus aura but for the life of me i cannot find a 3 pin splitter.

I also plan on "rgbifying" my nzxt logo on my H440 so with my board only having one addressable rgb header thats gonna be a problem.

·
Registered
37 Posts

·
Registered
6,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That isn't addressable :)

I know 4 pin splitters exist i have one in my current PC, addressable oddly uses 3 pin connectors and one of the pins are blocked off so you cannot use those 4 pin splitters.

Here are the fans, one of the pictures shows the connector:
http://www.xs-pc.com/fans-radiator-accessories/rgb-series-120mm-fan-pwm-800-2200rpm-addressable-rgb

·
Registered
37 Posts
I read the reviews that say its Asus Aura compatible, but that fan is a different animal sorry about that...

They may not have LEDs but the Noctua industrial PWM fans have a LOT more airflow, higher static pressure, and are quieter,
I wish they had LED fans...

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
The way addressable LEDs work, if you use a splitter, the fans will share identical colors.

Example:

HUB
/ \
X X
Y Y
Z Z

Where X, Y, and Z are the 3 fans and the / \ is the splitter, Fans X and X will be the exact same color. Fans Y and Y will be the same, so on and so forth.

If you want more info, look up the addressable WS2812B LEDs as these are the leds they use in these fans.

·
Registered
6,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The way addressable LEDs work, if you use a splitter, the fans will share identical colors.

Example:

HUB
/ \
X X
Y Y
Z Z

Where X, Y, and Z are the 3 fans and the / \ is the splitter, Fans X and X will be the exact same color. Fans Y and Y will be the same, so on and so forth.

If you want more info, look up the addressable WS2812B LEDs as these are the leds they use in these fans.
Im totally fine with that i would never want one fan to be blue and one red or something lol. The idea here is to achieve something like nzxt or thermaltake does with their addressable products but by using asus aura software. Its default mode is "rainbow" which looks quite good, and those effects would be reproduced throughout everything connected to that header. Problem is no splitters exist apparently lol.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Im totally fine with that i would never want one fan to be blue and one red or something lol. The idea here is to achieve something like nzxt or thermaltake does with their addressable products but by using asus aura software. Its default mode is "rainbow" which looks quite good, and those effects would be reproduced throughout everything connected to that header. Problem is no splitters exist apparently lol.
If you can find the connectors, wouldn't be too difficult to make your own splitter. The moddiy website has been a good source for me to find odd things. but the rgb fan connectors are probably a bit proprietary for each manufacturer. But whatever way you can find to connect the correct wires together will work just fine.

Should be 3 wires, 5V, Ground, and Data Out. The data out will come from the Hub, and will be hooked up in parallel to the fans led ports.

I have played around with the WS2812B's quite a bit, so i know this should work. I've had up to 20 of the pixels in parallel with no issues. Very handy when trying to get more brightness in one spot but sharing the same color and using less ram by adding multiples of the pixels in parallel. It also adds some redundancy as there are more pixels forwarding the signal on the data out pins. So if one pixel dies, the others pick up the pace. Although this doesn't really apply to the led fans lol

·
Registered
6,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I read the reviews that say its Asus Aura compatible, but that fan is a different animal sorry about that...

They may not have LEDs but the Noctua industrial PWM fans have a LOT more airflow, higher static pressure, and are quieter,
I wish they had LED fans...
Yes it is the only one on the market that i know exists, all other RGB fans are just straight red/blue/green they cant do multiple colors at once and also be aura compatible. Its the best of both worlds really, dont need some crappy software like nzxt cam or corsair link, while also being able to sync your motherboard lighting and ram.

·
Registered
6,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you can find the connectors, wouldn't be too difficult to make your own splitter. The moddiy website has been a good source for me to find odd things. but the rgb fan connectors are probably a bit proprietary for each manufacturer. But whatever way you can find to connect the correct wires together will work just fine.

Should be 3 wires, 5V, Ground, and Data Out. The data out will come from the Hub, and will be hooked up in parallel to the fans led ports.

I have played around with the WS2812B's quite a bit, so i know this should work. I've had up to 20 of the pixels in parallel with no issues. Very handy when trying to get more brightness in one spot but sharing the same color and using less ram by adding multiples of the pixels in parallel. It also adds some redundancy as there are more pixels forwarding the signal on the data out pins. So if one pixel dies, the others pick up the pace. Although this doesn't really apply to the led fans lol
I mean they must exist, and in fact one must be included with these xpsc fans. I should just contact them to see if they would sell me one seperately, rather not spend 50 bucks just for a splitter lol.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
XSPC just released addressable rgb fans that work with asus aura but for the life of me i cannot find a 3 pin splitter.

I also plan on "rgbifying" my nzxt logo on my H440 so with my board only having one addressable rgb header thats gonna be a problem.
XS-PC still uses the basic 4-Pin connector they just block the one hole with a plastic cover.. Any RGB splitter will work, you can just remove the one pin from the connector or just cut the pin off.

If you have soldering still you can just build your own cable.

·
Registered
6,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
XS-PC still uses the basic 4-Pin connector they just block the one hole with a plastic cover.. Any RGB splitter will work, you can just remove the one pin from the connector or just cut the pin off.

If you have soldering still you can just build your own cable.
Oh so thats just a cover, couldnt tell by the pic if it was like glued on or something. If thats the case great, 4 pin should work out fine :)

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Oh so thats just a cover, couldnt tell by the pic if it was like glued on or something. If thats the case great, 4 pin should work out fine :)
It's a plug type cover that blocks that port from being used. It's similar to USB 3.0 connector that has the 20 pin blocked.

It's similar to this but for RGB Connector.

------

I would also check out In-Wins addressable RGB fans before buying XS-PC. Plus you can daisy chain In-Win fans with Addressable LED strip or products very easily.

Link: https://www.in-win.com/en/fans/aurora/

1 - 12 of 12 Posts