Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy a 770 for a new custom waterloop. Question is, do the cards matter when you're taking off the stock cooler and putting your own on? Specifically, I'm looking to get the Zotac because it's the cheapest. The waterblock I'll be using is the EK 680 acetal block.

Follow up question(s): do the Zotacs have a good overclocking utility? If not, could I just flash the bios to a better one (EVGA for example)? Or would any brand's OC utility work?

I searched for my questions but without any luck. Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Yeah the brands do matter, not every 770 block will fit every 770 card do your research. Most of the time blocks are designed to fit reference PCB cards. Make sure to do your research and do more research after you know what will fit what.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should have been more specific in my wording. I understand that different blocks fit on different cards. The intent behind my question was whether the performance was any different. If I used the PCB from the Zotac, would I get the same OC as the PCB from EVGA? (assuming the proper block is used)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts