Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not planning on overclocking for a while and I run about 35 idle and 65 load while playing games. If I run wprime, within seconds I easily hit 100+C on my 4770k. Does that mean I should get a new fan? I have a phantek next to me that I was thinking of RMAing and buying a discrete card, but maybe I should install the fan instead..

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
If you're not planning to OC then stick with what you have. You will not hit the same usage that Prime does gaming so it won't get that hot.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanguineDrone View Post

Something's wrong, did you apply thermal paste/mount the CPU cooler properly?
Everything seems tight. I believe the stock cooler is just terrible. I have reseated a few times. Are you saying my temps with a stock fan are too high at idle and load?

·
Premium Member
5,559 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by abombthecoder View Post

Everything seems tight. I believe the stock cooler is just terrible. I have reseated a few times. Are you saying my temps with a stock fan are too high at idle and load?
this. is. the. problem.

haswell runs really hot just as is. stock heatsink is terrible for it. don't even try to OC with it unless you have a big heatsink or an enclosed loop. Also Prime 95 isn't set for Haswell yet and makes the chip pull more volts and thus be hotter. Use aida 64 to test stability.
thumb.gif
whats your room temperatures in °C

1 - 5 of 5 Posts