Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
"Good enough" and "Need" are subjective.

A discrete sound card will probably sound better to you.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyuo9980
View Post

i dont have the comp yet, im building it myself and i need some help. do i need a sound card?

You don't need one, no.

However, if having high quality sound is a must, then invest in a sound card. Even a cheap 40 dollar SoundBlaster will be better than onboard.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Onboard should be decent, but if you do plan on buying a pair of audiophile headphones later on the road, you should consider buying a soundcard too.

Are you the type that enjoys listening to music extensively?

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
Im no sound guru by any means at all BUT I prefer the sound coming from my P6T over any other device in the house including the surround sound in my living room. My P6T has all kinds of options for output for higher quality if needed. I guess its up to you. I would try it without and see if its good enough. IMO I think its fine.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
No, you don't need it. And if you don't know that you don't need it, chances are you don't want it either (expense-wise)

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Quote:

View Post

the onboard is an 7.1 8channel audio. and i think that its good, cause my $100 speakers is a 5.1 audio thingy. im not an audiophile so xD

Well I guess if you're not an audiophile, then there's really no point in getting a sound card.

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
Quote:

View Post

the onboard is an 7.1 8channel audio. and i think that its good, cause my $100 speakers is a 5.1 audio thingy. im not an audiophile so xD

You don't measure sound quality by number of supported channels.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok tyz every1. its just that i hav a sound card on my current comp. i guess ill remove that and put it on my new mobo. uhh i hav 1 more Qeustion about the monitor that im gonna get. im not sure if i hsould get an asus vw222u 22" lcd.

http://www.overclock.net/monitors-di...ml#post6685525

if u can help then it would be appreciated XD tyz every1

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
Quote:

View Post

lemme check.

edit: i hav no clue. how do u check without takin the parts out?

Device Manager.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts