Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Call of duty black ops is coming out soon and i think its time for an upgrade. what do you guys think looking at my specs. I think the best route is just upgrade my vid card to a gtx 460. Everything else there is still pretty good and it wont bottleneck my computer. Am i correct?

·
Premium Member
11,125 Posts
Yup. I think a GTX460 would be a great upgrade for your PC, and that Q6600 is more than enough, although you could squeeze more out of it my overclocking.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,919 Posts
I say get a GTX 470. It's hotter, but it's also a noticeably superior performer over the 460. But yeah, it's much more expensive too.

·
Premium Member
11,125 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoCables
View Post

I say get a GTX 470. It's hotter, but it's also a noticeably superior performer over the 460. But yeah, it's much more expensive too.

Then again, you could look at it on the flipside that a GTX460 will Max/High most modern games, especially from the COD series, and he could always add another one later on if he want's a boost.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,919 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokinWaffle
View Post

Then again, you could look at it on the flipside that a GTX460 will Max/High most modern games, especially from the COD series, and he could always add another one later on if he want's a boost.

True that, Waffle!!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokinWaffle
View Post

I wish i can add another. When i built my comp i didnt get an sli board.
I did oc my cpu to 3ghz. I was thinking upgrade to a 460/470 have the 8800gt sitting around and when i do build a new comp move the 460/470 to it probably add another one and put the 8800gt back. How much of a difference will i see from a 460 to 470. How big of a difference is that from an 8800gt

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,919 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by rafiki121
View Post

I wish i can add another. When i built my comp i didnt get an sli board.
I did oc my cpu to 3ghz. I was thinking upgrade to a 460/470 have the 8800gt sitting around and when i do build a new comp move the 460/470 to it probably add another one and put the 8800gt back. How much of a difference will i see from a 460 to 470. How big of a difference is that from an 8800gt

The 470 is approximately 20-25% "better" than the 460. But in comparison to the 8800GT? I would guess that it might be like going from a power scooter to a Ferrari.

• Rep+
Reactions: rafiki121

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The cheapest gtx 460 1gb is by sparkle for 220 and an evga 470 1280mb is 304.99. So for call of duty is the 80 bucks worth it?

·
PC Master Race
513 Posts
Is your Q6600 a G0 if so I have had great success in overclocking mine. I also agree that a 470 sounds like a better idea.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts