Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive recently gotten all new parts for my computer, have a look at my setup below and can anybody tell me if the cooling i have will be enough to overclock my computer through the roof or even last overnight at a LAN?

Thanks, i need a bit of help cos i dont want to melt the bloody thing

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
What kinda heatsink and fan do you have. Case cooling is important, but the real killer lies within the cooling unit right over the chip, cause thats what pulls the heat away from the chip to get blown away by the case fans. You want to moniter your temps and keep them under 55C at all times. If you want super high OC's then you need watercooling or a peltier or other extreme cooling types.

·
Registered
42 Posts
It's winter now, so why don't you just open the case and put a small household fan right in next to it. You still need to have a decent heatsink and heatsink fan, but that big household fan will dissipate heat better than anything out there. It will also cool your hard drive, especially if you have more than 1.

If you have a dedicate computer roon, it is best to close the heat vent since your pc is your free heater. For summer, crack that windows open and keep the same setup.

Water heating will be much cheaper by the time summer 2005 comes.

·
Registered
126 Posts
well, if u want to like you said "overclock through the roof" then yer gonna need some decent cooling, and where it counts is on yer CPU, i don't know what yer budget is like but a xp-120 from Thermalright or an xp-90 would be a great choice for cooling your CPU. u can find those at www.ncix.com (it's a canadian site though)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts