Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get a MicroSD card and usb reader:
http://http://www.newegg.com/Product...82E16820134545

I will have a phone that doesn't sync directly to the computer, so I figured on putting music files on the card with the usb reader, but will the phone recognize these files and play them?

Is there another way to transfer MP3s to my phone without getting the Vcast music package?

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
I had the same problem you did but figured it wasn't worth the hassle and just got an mp3 player

·
Premium Member
2,969 Posts
There's not really any other way unless you have email access on the phone and can download attachments. And pretty much everything these days can play MP3s, if that phone can't then I'd be really surprised.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duckydude View Post
There's not really any other way unless you have email access on the phone and can download attachments. And pretty much everything these days can play MP3s, if that phone can't then I'd be really surprised.
my only concern is that when I sync files with my current phone, it has to convert half of them. I don't know what it's converting them too, but it concerns me to think they might not be compatable.

I also considered getting an mp3 player, but i hate to carry around so many gadgets at the same time.

·
Registered
344 Posts
it should read them just fine, most phones now read mp3s fine off a memory card.
the fact that it has a memory card should mean that it will play mp3s

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I don't see why you would have any problem. I recently got a Pearl 8130 and I have 1000's of albums so I make my own mp3's at 160kb/s and just plug in the phone and copy the mp3s to the microsd card, unplug and play.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by hurricane.ditka
View Post

but i dont want to buy the usb plug for the phone. I want to use a usb micro SD card reader.

That is all you need then to get going. I did view the product at the egg and seen that it include the usb dongle. So you copy over to the micro by usb/pc and then insert the card to your phone.

I think that I had about 400 songs on my 2gig card, but I went and got a 4g and now I'm all set.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts