Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes? I'm asking because I have a gts 450 and not a 5770 anymore.

·
Fly on the wall
2,432 Posts
If you are mean catalyst control center, No CCC is for ATI cards

·
Premium Member
13,796 Posts
I think OP is talking about the AMD Southbridge, RAID, and AHCI drivers. Hmmm...maybe the southbridge driver is okay to install. The AHCI driver is not that good the last time I checked. The generic MS AHCI driver already works good.

·
Premium Member
6,404 Posts
MSAHCI works ok, I've had some trouble with the MS drivers for the NIC tho on the MA770-UD3 with vista64, but didn't have those troubles with vista32 on the 770 or the 790x-ud3... My friend with a 770-ud3 on win7-64 hasn't had the same troubles.
I ran the full install, which claims to install CCC, but doesn't. I'm running Nvidia too.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Riou View Post
I think OP is talking about the AMD Southbridge, RAID, and AHCI drivers. Hmmm...maybe the southbridge driver is okay to install. The AHCI driver is not that good the last time I checked. The generic MS AHCI driver already works good.
but isnt there a northbridge driver? On the msi website theres an ATI system driver fo 7xx/8xx

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigpoppaFrary View Post
chipset as your motherboard? No you don't need to alter anything like that. NO worries with Nvidia on AMD MB's.

Only if you want to sli will you need sli hack
Ah ok, so all i need to install is the usual usb3/lan/raid drivers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts