Overclock.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Overclocker
7,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

i have some issues with my Nvidia drivers i think.

i have the msi 660 ti PE and its a good card and it can run crisis very well.

but since i have this card i have some issues with it and i don't know what this is.

at first i had the amd HD 7770 card and it worked good but i wanted a little faster one so i get the msi 660 ti PE

when i deleted my amd drivers and later removed the card, i inserted the msi card and installed the drivers.

when i booted the screen scaling was not good because i had it on 720p like my other card and that was just fine,

also i could not overclock the card at all not even a little bit when i set afterburner to core 50 and memory 400 it crashed immediately in heaven

so i think its the card right? well i got another card now and i have the exact same issues with it, so it can not be that 2 cards are malfunction.

so my question is: do i have to do an reinstall my windows only because the amd drivers are messing it up?

or can there be an other explanation for this weird behavior? i am using my LG LF2500 42'' television

i called some stores and they said that i need to reinstall my windows but i would rather not but if that is the only way i need to.

·
Overclocker
7,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalbard View Post

No, you don't have to.

You can also use Catalyst Uninstaller Utility
oke, im glad to hear that.

so what could my problems be than? i can't overclock and i cant get a good scaling on my tv.

could it be that my tv causes troubles on my nvidia drivers? i mean i can't imagine that 2 cards are not function like they should.

·
Overclocker
7,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have my new card now and its the same problems.

i don't know where people get these overclocks from but i think its bull**** because everywhere i read people have trouble with this card overclocking.

so if anybody knows what is the problem please let me know because if its the card i will buy another one and get rid of this one and go with amd if that's any better.

·
Overclocker
7,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
come on is there no one who knows what the problem is?

i mean i can't even get over 1280 mhz core clock :S other people get more than 1300

i use heaven benchmark to test its stability but i am not sure if that is a good program because in the other like furmark and kombuster i don't get any artifacts even when i turn it up to 120 on core and 550 on memory. looks strange to me.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Sometimes it's just the card, sometimes it's other things like the motherboard, with my 470 I can't seem to overclock it and keep it stable either but tbh it doesn't bother me that much. If you have any friends close with different hardware ask if they could test the card overclocking in their system and see what happens.

·
Overclocker
7,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanx guys for the replay,

i did some research and it seems that the later 660 ti pe cannot be overclocked at all because of the locked bios or something.

when u want the most out of this card i need to flash bios on this card but i don't know how and if its save to do as well so or i keep this one or i get amd 7950 i don't know yet.

also i use the 3.14 driver i don't know if that's the beta or the good driver but it seems to get better results on crysis 3.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane28 View Post

thanx guys for the replay,

i did some research and it seems that the later 660 ti pe cannot be overclocked at all because of the locked bios or something.

when u want the most out of this card i need to flash bios on this card but i don't know how and if its save to do as well so or i keep this one or i get amd 7950 i don't know yet.

also i use the 3.14 driver i don't know if that's the beta or the good driver but it seems to get better results on crysis 3.
If you are still within warranty then I wouldn't risk it, given you don't know what you are doing I wouldn't risk it if it was out of warranty either tbh. The card can't be that bad, mine is only just starting to struggle with games now, yours is much newer.
rolleyes.gif

·
Overclocker
7,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum26 View Post

If you are still within warranty then I wouldn't risk it, given you don't know what you are doing I wouldn't risk it if it was out of warranty either tbh. The card can't be that bad, mine is only just starting to struggle with games now, yours is much newer.
rolleyes.gif
yes i think u are right but i want it all to be perfect and the best performance hehe but it is not a bad card indeed

i get 50 fps average in crysis 3 so i am happy with it. and like mcg75 they get hand picked cards that work well because when ever i see reviews of cards or cpu's or anything

they always clock well and much higher than what the customer gets. and that is very irritating and annoying because it confuses people like me who are at first with overclocking cards or cpu's.

·
Overclocker
7,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcg75 View Post

hurricane, ocn is notorious for exaggerating when it comes to over clocks.
Search for some site reviews on the card and see what they got for oc as usually review sites get hand picked cards that work well.
Man you are absolutely right about those reviews.

Now i saw an interesting video that Nvidia would now allowed to overvolt their cards so it is kinda ridiculous that they promote that u can tweak and overclock the hell out of those cards wish u cannot do.
About what u said about hand pick the cards that work well is absolutely true because i talked to a lot of guys even on this forum that cannot overclock or overvolt their card as well.

here is the video that said so: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yG5dl_XEnck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts