Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you get itunes to be read in 5.1, ive done it before but i cant remember with z-5500, Its something with the drivers but i forgot how to configure it to output itunes in 5.1.
plus im experiencing popping sounds from my speaker, it sounds like a cd skipping in a cd player. i have no clue y, its never done it before, could it be because ive replaced the motherboard. Btw im using a soundcard, look in my sig. my new mobo is GB EP45-UD3LR
thanks again

·
Retired Enthusiast
3,405 Posts
first of all, try to notice one of these:
1. it pops when someone switch on/off the lights in your house
2. it pops when playing certain music on the same track and same time each time you play
3. it pops randomly

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ.BigBear View Post
first of all, try to notice one of these:
1. it pops when someone switch on/off the lights in your house
2. it pops when playing certain music on the same track and same time each time you play
3. it pops randomly
3 i think its the sound card, because im using the on-board sound, i have no clue what has happened on-board is working perfectly i tried resiting it but it still pops and crackles randomly when playing music. new soundcard needed???? would i be because its semi right next to the powersupply and the transformers could mess it up (its in the furthest slot it can go)?

EDIT: on the sound card it uses Surround sound fill or sumthing so the talking comes from the center channel ect. and i fixed it when i was using the sound card just needed to reset.

·
Retired Enthusiast
3,405 Posts
i don't think EMI would effect a soundcard that bad, most likely it's either your soundcard is busted, incompatibility, or mobo slot issue.
i'm leaning to the incompatibility between X-FI and win7..... some do experiencing popping and crackling.
tried using other slot for the soundcard?

·
Premium Member
11,951 Posts
Creative X-Fi's are known for this problem. If you're using an old driver (like a year old) then updating it will probably fix it, but if that doesn't work you're pretty much screwed.

Read this to understand the problem, and this to get some possible solutions.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeh i tried switching slots so its deffinently not that, it says there are no new updates... are there programs for the realtec onboard thing that can decode the 2.1 to 5.1 and cystaliser??? its all that i really want

·
Premium Member
11,951 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by anthony92
View Post

yeh i tried switching slots so its deffinently not that, it says there are no new updates... are there programs for the realtec onboard thing that can decode the 2.1 to 5.1 and cystaliser??? its all that i really want

Something like Crystaliser is only useful on cards that sound like crap to begin with (and IMO makes it sound even worse). If you get a decent card you won't need it.

And onboard sound is complete junk anyway....it's like using one of these:

·
Premium Member
11,951 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by anthony92
View Post

any recommendations for a new sound card? ive realized its the pci slot or whatever not been able to stream data properly so pcix2 express is better??? idk lol

Nah it's just the sound card/drivers that are screwy.

You should pick up one of the Xonars, much better quality than the Creative crap.

·
Premium Member
11,951 Posts
Yeah any of the Xonars will do. Unless you've got some really fancy equipment you won't be able to hear the difference between them anyway.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts