Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Banned
10,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering if this is really a must. i want to try 196.75 and since i keep my fans at manual 90%, the fan problem wont apply to me.

anyway i was wondering if i could just install 196.75 over the current drivers.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I would say yes, the drivers may conflict with each other and cause more headaches.
Although the last time I installed a video driver over another the versions where far apart.

Guess you could try it, and if you have problems then do what most people recommend and clean out the drivers and only install the one u want. =)

·
I'm NOT new to Overclock
11,139 Posts
Also

Driver cleaner FTW. As a precautionary measure. But yes, its recommended to clear the old drivers off.

Comps

• Rep+
Reactions: srsparky32

·
Banned
10,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ed102r View Post
I would say yes, the drivers may conflict with each other and cause more headaches.
thanks for the input. +rep. guess i get to have a beautiful 680x700 or whatever the res is for a few mins

·
I'm NOT new to Overclock
11,139 Posts
640x480 or 800x600 normally

But yeah, its lovely, its TEH SEX!!!! I want to run 640x480 for the rest of my life. ON A 42 INCH SCREEN. God, it would be beautiful.

lolz

·
Not new to Overclock.net
78,989 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by srsparky32 View Post
thanks for the input. +rep. guess i get to have a beautiful 680x700 or whatever the res is for a few mins

Try this instead:
  1. Install Driver Sweeper.
  2. Uninstall the NVIDIA Display Driver from the Programs and Features control panel.
  3. Reboot into Safe Mode (hold F8 during the transition between the POST and when Windows begins loading).
  4. Open Driver Sweeper from the Phyxion.net Start Menu programs folder.
  5. Select "NVIDIA - Display" (the other stuff in there is just a part of this program)
  6. Click "Clean".
  7. When finished, close Driver Sweeper and reboot normally.
  8. Install the driver you wish to install.
This also helps keep things as stable as possible, depending on how stable the new/next driver is with your system.

• Rep+
Reactions: srsparky32

·
I'm NOT new to Overclock
11,139 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoCables View Post
Try this instead:
  2. Uninstall the NVIDIA Display Driver from the Programs and Features control panel.
  3. Reboot into Safe Mode (hold F8 during the transition between the POST and when Windows begins loading).
  5. Select "NVIDIA - Display" (the other stuff in there is just a part of this program)
  6. Click "Clean".
STOP TRYING TO NINJA MY THREADS!!! lmao.

How you doing mate? Having fun as always I hope.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
78,989 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by compuman145 View Post
STOP TRYING TO NINJA MY THREADS!!! lmao.

How you doing mate? Having fun as always I hope.
Meh, I'm alright.
How about you?

·
Banned
10,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Try this instead:
  6. Click "Clean".
This also helps keep things as stable as possible, depending on how stable the new/next driver is with your system.
twocables to the rescue...man if i see your name in one of my threads i know i've got the best answer. (the other answers were good as well!!)

·
I'm NOT new to Overclock
11,139 Posts
Quote:

twocables to the rescue...man if i see your name in one of my threads i know i've got the best answer. (the other answers were good as well!!)
Well i'll not help again :p, lolz just kidding.

Quote:

Meh, I'm alright.
How about you?
I was fine until you ninja'd my thread
lmao, i'm having night shift fun at work so naturally, i'm on here posting
. Pleased to see you're still with us with your posting antics.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
78,989 Posts
Quote:

Nah, I'm nothin' special. I just have a ton of time on my hands.

Quote:

Well i'll not help again :p, lolz just kidding.

I was fine until you ninja'd my thread
lmao, i'm having night shift fun at work so naturally, i'm on here posting
. Pleased to see you're still with us with your posting antics.
I think I'm a permanent fixture here.

·
I'm NOT new to Overclock
11,139 Posts
too true, too true.

So do you have a job or you a millionaire and just sit posting on OCN all day long. lolz

·
Not new to Overclock.net
78,989 Posts
Quote:

too true, too true.

So do you have a job or you a millionaire and just sit posting on OCN all day long. lolz
Well, thanks to being cursed/blessed with Asperger Syndrome, I have like no ability to hold down a job and so I found out that I can collect Disability (social security stuff). But it's just enough to allow me to buy what I need while I live at home with my parents. It's good fun. heh (if you're still living at home, then move out the instant that you can)

·
Banned
10,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:

Nah, I'm nothin' special. I just have a ton of time on my hands.

I think I'm a permanent fixture here.

haha i love how this thread derailed into a conversation thread.

and yeah, was cursed/blessed with being deaf (got cochlear implants tho) so i collect social security too for right now...i dont like it and still trying to get hired. so i know what your situation is.

·
I'm NOT new to Overclock
11,139 Posts
Well,

Don't take this the wrong way, but you're lucky, I'm Bi-Polar, I don't get to claim disability. But it does mean I can be a complete prick when i'm on a downer at work. lolz.

Quote:

and yeah, was cursed/blessed with being deaf (got cochlear implants tho) so i collect social security too for right now...i dont like it and still trying to get hired
We're just all so social round here, you shouldn't worry about us having a conversation. Its all good baby!

·
I'm NOT new to Overclock
11,139 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShortySmalls View Post
i have never once unistalled a driver, ive just installed over old ones, and had no problems what so ever. Unless your changing gpu's you don't need to go though all those stupid steps of unistalling them.
You've been lucky then... It is good practice either way

·
Banned
10,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:

Well,

Don't take this the wrong way, but you're lucky, I'm Bi-Polar, I don't get to claim disability. But it does mean I can be a complete prick when i'm on a downer at work. lolz.

We're just all so social round here, you shouldn't worry about us having a conversation. Its all good baby!
hahaha thats awesome...i wish i could be a prick and not get into trouble for it

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShortySmalls View Post
i have never once unistalled a driver, ive just installed over old ones, and had no problems what so ever. Unless your changing gpu's you don't need to go though all those stupid steps of unistalling them.
thanks
i'll do that..dont feel like doing all these steps..

·
Not new to Overclock.net
78,989 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by srsparky32
View Post

and yeah, was cursed/blessed with being deaf (got cochlear implants tho) so i collect social security too for right now...i dont like it and still trying to get hired. so i know what your situation is.

I think the reason why I feel that my disability is both a curse and a blessing is I sometimes feel like I'm a complete ****** while other times I see all of the reasons why it's a good thing for me to have it.

Oh, and I've pretty much given up on trying to find a job. I mean, every time I try, I fail. But hey, I'm seeing how having tons of time on my hand is a really good thing (especially for OCN).

Quote:

Originally Posted by compuman145
View Post

Well,

A friend of mine has Bi-Polar Stage II, so I'm glad you mentioned this; now I will understand where you're coming from both on your good and bad days.

·
I'm NOT new to Overclock
11,139 Posts
I've been lucky the past month tbh, I've been feeling really good about things and stuff. If I feel productive then my bad days aren't as bad as they have been previously. Believe this or not, but OCN has actually helped me. Since people post up their problems and I help fix them it makes me feel like i'm actually making a difference.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts