Overclock.net banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seriously, it's starting to get out of hand. I see at least 2-3 a day, and most don't even add onto the topic. For example:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doom 3 movie thread

wow... i hope the make the movie lighter than the game.. i wonder if he'll have to hold his flashlight individually

^ Posted 09-3-04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Necro post

Doom 3 came out 4 years ago. Why is this just now being posted?

How hard is it to look at the date of the OP? How do you bump a NEARLY FIVE YEAR OLD TOPIC ON ACCIDENT? Normally when I see a thread with a title like "6200LSE*othernumbers/lettershere* won't work anymore", I check the date...chances are it's a godaweful old topic and someone just replied with "I've got this same problem too". Helpful huh?

Do people get infractions for incidents like this? Or is it just ignored?

Ideas?

~Gooda~

·
Not new to Overclock.net
79,142 Posts
If I see something that the staff should know about, then I just report it using the Report
button.

·
Premium Member
18,618 Posts
They are probably brought directly to the thread via Google and comment without thinking to look at the date.

I've done it before

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by robbo2
View Post

Might bookmark an bump this thread in a few years

thats what i was thinking when i first read it

and they might get it from someones sig too, ive done that before >.< (not here lol)

·
Registered
502 Posts
Yup I agree with the Google guy, some times I Google something usualy a fix or something, take my chances and post in a forum, just to find out it is 3 years old.

Some people don't do it on purpose.

It's not like they are trying to find the oldest topic and go like "let's bump this one it'll be fun!".

·
Premium Member
4,337 Posts
I dont see what the issue is. It doesnt bother me when people do this. It just brings back old conversations. New members, new ideas, new discussions about the same stuff.

That and google searches rofl.

·
Premium Member
6,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by robbo2
View Post

Might bookmark an bump this thread in a few years

I thought of that right after I posted this -.-

~Gooda~

·
Premium Member
3,834 Posts
I agree!

·
Premium Member
4,533 Posts
sometimes old threads still contain useful information, i imagine this site has 5 years of post, a lot of useful information, but i do agree absurd post like the one about the doom movie, should be ignored or even removed.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
79,142 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TestECull
View Post

I posted this very thread a month or two and it attracted every sarcastic dick on this website to shoot it down, to the point it got locked. Hopefully, you'll get better luck.

Yeah, unfortunately, timing is everything.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TestECull
View Post

I posted this very thread a month or two and it attracted every sarcastic dick on this website to shoot it down, to the point it got locked. Hopefully, you'll get better luck.

Something I've notice of late about OCN: when did OCN become Slashdot in it's replies? Used to be about hardware, now I'm seeing more "driveby" types. Haven't been around as much because gaming has a way to keep folks away, but what I remember from years ago and what I've seen in just a few hours, the social dynamics have changed -- for the worse.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
79,142 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by StarryNite View Post
Something I've notice of late about OCN: when did OCN become Slashdot in it's replies? Used to be about hardware, now I'm seeing more "driveby" types. Haven't been around as much because gaming has a way to keep folks away, but what I remember from years ago and what I've seen in just a few hours, the social dynamics have changed -- for the worse.
This also applies to the world in general. Unfortunately, it's going to continue to get worse. The only way to deal with it is to accept it and just ignore the people who are a part of the worsening of OCN and the world in general. I mean, when somebody posts a reply, or even a thread that is basically a waste of their own time and everybody elses, the only LOGICAL and right thing to do is to ignore them. And if necessary, they must also be reported to OCN staff. I mean, we are their eyes and ears since they can't be in all places at once. All of OCN's members as a whole are one giant omnipresent organism, and OCN's staff can benefit tremendously from it/us.

In fact, I predict that we will have a few opportunities in this very thread to ignore and report people.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.