Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I finally got my Arctic liquid freezer II 360 setup on my 8700k. It runs at 4.8 at 1.25v. I ran OCCT on SSE instructions, Small, Extreme. Got the below temps. Totally forgot to see what my NHD14 was doing before I switched it. That wa after about 10 min. It pretty much bounced between 83-85, but mainly stayed at 84. It felt high to me, its not dangerous or anything but I did expect lower. Ambient is around 21c.

Edit: Based on reviews I expected closer to 51-53c over ambient. But they were all newer chips so maybe mine just runs hotter?

Edit: Apparently i learned to google after making my edit. It seems there is a huge difference in heat between an 8700k and a 9900k cause of the solder vs TIM. So I think my results are actually good for my chip.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yes that’s actually very good assuming you haven’t delided your chip. Mine used to hit the mid 90s before deciding on an h100i

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes that’s actually very good assuming you haven’t delided your chip. Mine used to hit the mid 90s before deciding on an h100i
Yeah not delidded. It took me a while but I found an anandtech review of the 8700k vs 9700k or whatever the equivelant 9 series was. THere was an 18c difference in temp, so I feel good. It was hitting 92 with AVX2 instructions but I don't ever use those so I don't care. Its like 75c max while gaming it seems like. Now I just need to setup a fan profile instead of running 100% all the time.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yeah not delidded. It took me a while but I found an anandtech review of the 8700k vs 9700k or whatever the equivelant 9 series was. THere was an 18c difference in temp, so I feel good. It was hitting 92 with AVX2 instructions but I don't ever use those so I don't care. Its like 75c max while gaming it seems like. Now I just need to setup a fan profile instead of running 100% all the time.
I would recommend de liding, it’s very easy to do, I lowers my temps almost 30 degrees

·
Iconoclast
30,997 Posts
Seemed warm to me for a paltry 137w, but then I remembered the 8700K wasn't soldered.

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So i'm gonna piggy back on this thread hopefully it works. I have the Arctic Liquid Freezer plugged into the fan controller in the Meshify 2. Its plugged intot he CPU fan header on it, then I plugged the fan controller into the CPU 1 fan header on my MOBO. I'm getting RPM Readings and its syncing all my fans properly it seems. I setup a fan curve so that its not always running at 100%, currently it chills around 25% during work, but I wasn't sure if that affects the pump or anything. I have zero clue how these AIOs work.

Edit: NVM, It says in the techspecs that the pump is PWM controlled. So my assumption now is that as long as I'm getting the right cooling I need my fan curve is good.

·
Premium Member
20,484 Posts
So i'm gonna piggy back on this thread hopefully it works. I have the Arctic Liquid Freezer plugged into the fan controller in the Meshify 2. Its plugged intot he CPU fan header on it, then I plugged the fan controller into the CPU 1 fan header on my MOBO. I'm getting RPM Readings and its syncing all my fans properly it seems. I setup a fan curve so that its not always running at 100%, currently it chills around 25% during work, but I wasn't sure if that affects the pump or anything. I have zero clue how these AIOs work.

Edit: NVM, It says in the techspecs that the pump is PWM controlled. So my assumption now is that as long as I'm getting the right cooling I need my fan curve is good.

you can set your pump speed in the bios on the fan preset its on to 100%. They don't make much if any noise. The pumps are PWM controlled but you can set it to 100%

1 - 7 of 7 Posts