Overclock.net banner

Do they still manufacture tape decks and cassette tapes?

2774 Views 28 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  JustinThyme
I don't know anyone anymore who has a tape deck, but I've come across ads selling new blank cassette tapes.
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

· Graphics Junkie
4,526 Posts
Your thread crapping is getting old fast.
Then stop making threads for stupid questions, or get used to me constantly pointing it out. Use Google.

These threads might stand out less if you ever gave anyone helpful advise or tried to help someone with a computer problem but this is all you do here, out of place thread after thread.

· Banned
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Then stop making threads for stupid questions, or get used to me constantly pointing it out. Use Google.

These threads might stand out less if you ever gave anyone helpful advise or tried to help someone with a computer problem but this is all you do here, out of place thread after thread.
If your threadcrapping continues I'll report you to the mods.

· Graphics Junkie
4,526 Posts
If your threadcrapping continues I'll report you to the mods.
lol go ahead. There is no rule against pointing out that your threads are almost always pointless. I mean for real, don't come here posting questions that a 5 second google search would solve, especially if they have nothing to do with computers or overclocking at all and expect not to be criticized.

I honestly want to know why you do with. Why did you make this thread instead of using google?

Stop "forumcrapping" all over OCN.

· Banned
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
lol go ahead. There is no rule against pointing out that your threads are almost always pointless. I mean for real, don't come here posting questions that a 5 second google search would solve, especially if they have nothing to do with computers or overclocking at all and expect not to be criticized.

I honestly want to know why you do with. Why did you make this thread instead of using google?

Stop "forumcrapping" all over OCN.
And what was your ludicrous argument about Al being superior to Cu for heatsinks? Informed stupidity?

· Graphics Junkie
4,526 Posts
And what was your ludicrous argument about Al being superior to Cu for heatsinks? Informed stupidity?
haha no it was facts. Something you might be able to find on your own if you knew how to use google.

· Graphics Junkie
4,526 Posts
Really? Then why are server heatsinks majority Cu? When was the last time I saw an all Al heatsink? 2005?
Rolls eyes they're not "mostly" AL, but to answer the question I think you meant to ask, be at copper is more dense than aluminum. Aluminum is better overall in most aspects but obviously the best combo is both. Copper for the parts that need to be dense and transfer the most heat, AL for everything else.

· Loosing Vision
1,907 Posts
I don't know anyone anymore who has a tape deck, but I've come across ads selling new blank cassette tapes.
I would see if any churches have some tape decks around that they no longer use. You might be able to lay your hand on a Professional deck.
I got a Marantz PMD510 this way. Just offer to donate something..

· Old and Decrepit
2,664 Posts
I havent seen them manufactured in years. I ditched my cassette deck long ago but couldnt let go of my old as dirt TEAC reel to reel. Still have a few dozen tape reels that are in excellent condition and break them out now and then. Have them going into the turntable input of my Denon as I sold off my turntable and entire LP collection some time ago. My go to is SACD through an Oppo.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.