• Yes

Votes: 13 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 65 83.3%
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
I used to fold for another team. They got me started and I ended up folding about 400,000 points for them, but then I got so much help and motivation here that I switched over.

The other team was just kind of "going" too. Wasn't much help if you were stuck.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Nope

·
Premium Member
11,541 Posts
I heard about folding when I joined the forum. It has given me something useful to do with my computers. I already run them 24/7 and I don't mind the extra electricity. [email protected] is the reason that I have stuck around.

·
Premium Member
19,923 Posts
Yes, I do. I Fold for 2 teams and anonymously.

Way back when there was a schism that formed here on OCN. I did not want to leave friends behind so I divvied up the cores.

As an explanation: I have friends IRL that detest each other, but I will not break one friendship in order to keep another.

Any friend that expects that from another person is not a friend at all. They are welcome to their feud, but do not make me take sides or I will simply leave both.

·
I TeK things...
17,448 Posts
I am guilty of folding 1 WU for DL.TV. It was for a contest.......I wanted a HD4850.....

But now, its balls to the wall for OCN!

·
Registered
912 Posts
I dont fold for OCN now. The reason is that a while back someone wanted to start an OCN Boinc team. Well one of the mods said no. Because it would detract from the folding here. Well that didnt sit right with me. Basically what I get from that was that its ok to donate time representing OCN as long as you donate to who they decide.

Thats where Im at.

·
Super Moderator
23,740 Posts
I have completed two work units for our sister site (dogforum.org) in the past.

But that is all. OCN needs me
not really though lol

The cure needs me

·
Super Moderator
23,740 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by nepas
View Post

I fold for another team,but at the end of the day it should not matter who you fold for,as long as you are folding that is all that matters

Exactly

·
Premium Member
4,938 Posts
I have sent a couple of WU's to another team that has people on it I met in real life. They are acquaintances so I helped there team a little. They understand that I normally fold for OCN though.

·
Premium Member
11,334 Posts
Used to fold for the PC Hardware GameFAQs team, where i got my start in overclocking. I only ran my GPU for them, while my CPU was SMP Linux folding for Team Domination.

Thinking about maybe firing up Team Domination again

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
actually, i fold for another team exclusively

the reason being is that is my main forum i frequent
and, i don't fold under my own name because i don't do it for points.
i fold under another persons name because they wanted it, i'm probably going anonymous soon.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
I didn't know about folding until I came here and that's where my points are...

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravin
View Post

Blasphemy!!!!!!!

Exactly... Folding for another team is Blasphemy...

1 - 20 of 45 Posts