Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Phenomenologist
6,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.technologyreview.com/s/608821/who-will-build-the-health-care-blockchain/

So basically all of us have been to a doctor, lets say they get a universal healthcare blockchain, our SSN/first medical provider will be rquired to upload any previous information on us... so even though I reversed diabetes and it is technically not in my record, that one blood test from way back when showing I tested positive for it will be tied to me forever, then theoritically when an employer has be under go "a physical that in no way will bias their decision on me... lulz" sees this, what incentive do they have to hire me, because the healthcare wallet number that is assigned to my SSN and DoB will pop up with literally everything....

I see blockchain being a freeing tool in the financial sector.... but very 1984 when healthcare and insurance companies begin to use it... obviously right now a lot of people get away with saying they don't have certain issues to get ahead in life... hmm... scary stuff and scary times my friends. Please correct me if I am wrong.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
They say in the article that they still need to work on a method that will allow transfer of data between the person, healthcare providers and insurance providers to include meeting required privacy regulations. How would that change getting hired? Unless you divulge any medical condition to a potential place of work, they wont know. A healthcare block chain doesn't change that.

·
Phenomenologist
6,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by navynuke499 View Post

They say in the article that they still need to work on a method that will allow transfer of data between the person, healthcare providers and insurance providers to include meeting required privacy regulations. How would that change getting hired? Unless you divulge any medical condition to a potential place of work, they wont know. A healthcare block chain doesn't change that.
There is nothing to stop them from looking though, both the insurance company and healthcare provider will have access to the number that is assigned to your healthcare "wallet".

Most companies require you to go through their own physician to get an all clear, meaning they will have access to your wallet, no one will know if they peaked or not, paid doctor is paid doctor.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by caenlen View Post

There is nothing to stop them from looking though, both the insurance company and healthcare provider will have access to the number that is assigned to your healthcare "wallet".

Most companies require you to go through their own physician to get an all clear, meaning they will have access to your wallet, no one will know if they peaked or not, paid doctor is paid doctor.
This still doesn't change the current HIPAA laws. That's what keeps them from looking through everything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts