Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the BF2 and the BF2142 demo on my pc. and anytime I would play the game it would run for about 10 minutes and all the sudden just close itself and go right back to the desktop with no error messages or anything.

Now at that time my PC was overclocked to 2.9 almost 3.0ghz. My vcore cpu volt was on auto and my memory voltage was on auto as well. What I did was I went into the bios, lowered my Overclock to 2.8 ghz and changed my memory voltage from auto to 2.25.

After doing this the game worked way better, I hardly ever crash. in fact its only done that one time in the hours I have played it since then. But what I want to know is, do you think it was more of the memory giving me problems or that the cpu was clocked to high? It should be noted my temps were and always are arround 45c.

The only reason I'm asking is b/c its kind of "weird" when I had those original settings my PC would run Fear forever and a day and Im pretty sure its more demanding on a PC then Battlefield is, although I bet its not as demanding on memory as Battlefield is.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
err, I dont think so I know you can run them alittle over the specs but on newegg they do have the specs set at 2.0 to 2.1 for voltage. Seems to me like 3.0 would be way to high. But then again I am really new to this thus my original question lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts