Overclock.net banner

How do you overclock on socket 1155/2011?

• I use a fixed voltage and keep my processor at full frequency (disabling C States/Speedstep)

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • I use a dynamic or offset voltage and leave on power saving features to idle at a lower frequency an

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • I use a fixed voltage and keep on power saving features like C States and Speedstep so just frequenc

Votes: 4 40.0%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious- how do you overclock your K CPU on socket 1155 or 2011 for 24/7 usage? Do you keep the power saving features on like C States and C1E so it idles at low frequency and voltage? If so, do you use offset/dynamic/dvid voltage that fluctuates or do you keep it constant? Or do you run it at full speed/voltage all the time and disable power saving features?

·

13,036 Posts
Full tilt.

I find even browsing the internet feels sluggish @1.2GHz

·
Prince of all Saiyans
4,196 Posts
I prefer fixed voltage. Offset is just too dynamic between programs/LLC stability issues, and I dont trust a board with feeding appropriate +/- voltage.

·
Intel/Nvidia
3,445 Posts
No options for manual? On my mobo, I can just type in the numerical number I want to set it at and then done.

·
Premium Member
10,885 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raisethe3 View Post

No options for manual? On my mobo, I can just type in the numerical number I want to set it at and then done.
Wouldn't that be the same as fixed voltage?

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
"I tried it all" ..lol

Last week i've been trying to work with offset instead of fixed,
took me a while to figure out , i kept all the powersavings , except C6 its called i think..
didnt change LLC,
offset 0.005+
ram 1.55 V
bclk 101
multi 45

got this for a few days now, and looks very stable to me..
temps are good , didnt try gaming with it yet, which,for me, is another way to see
if its stable or not ..lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts