Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at my Xbox 360 game collection the other day and when my eye caught Halo 3 I had a flashback of the good ol' days. You know, the days when you played co-op campaign on legendary, had an amazing fun time playing forge maps, and playing matchmaking more hours a day than sleeping. Remember those days?

You can always do the same thing today but because the game is around 4 years only and Reach is out, the feeling is not the same as it used to be. I'm going to be honest, I got my Xbox 360 on March 16, 2010 and even though I only started playing Halo 3 a year ago, I still miss those days.

Who's with me?

EDIT/UPDATE: 1 more post to go to reach 1,000 posts!!!!!

·
Premium Member
11,125 Posts
Man I miss those days.

Remember getting that achievement where you jump through the rings in a stupid order at the end. Goddamn that was derp.

My 360 has been gathering dust in my cupboard for a year or so. I have something like 1600EXP in MM too. Hmm.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I thought Reach was going to be like Halo 3 in terms of the custom games, I remember staying up late playing custom games in Halo 3 it was the most fun I had in a long time, when all of your friends just had a playlist in maps and would just play through the night. I have yet to even play a custom game in Reach, the community was just never there. It seemed like it was going to be perfect but it just never happened, and thus I was disappointed.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^Yeah the Halo Reach community feels.....dead in a way. 4 years later and the Halo 3 community, while much smaller than Reach's, feels much more active and alive.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Screw Halo 3. Man the Halo 2 times were epic.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBcobra;13115898
This. Didn't buy a 360 until much after Halo 3. I played it at a friend's house and hated it.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Yeah. Halo 2 was such an experience. It certainly wasn't the best game ever but there was something about it that just made it special. I was playing on April 15 2010... that was a strange moment.

I got suckered into buying Halo 2 vista once i realized XBconnect was not practical, such a crappy port. It was only $15 but you can sort-of relive your halo 2 moments... Still load it up once in a while.

·
lAptOp jUnKie
4,632 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBcobra;13115898
Screw Halo 2 (such a dissapointment
angrysmiley.gif
) Still playing the best in the series...
Halo:Combat Evolved...of course, pc version
whistle.gif

·
Probably sleep deprived
5,585 Posts
I feel like the odd man out here, but I was really unimpressed with Halo 3. Almost to the point of not liking it. I beat it on legendary with a buddy and neither of us really cared at the end. It was incredibly boring compared to Halo:CE and Halo 2. Even ODST was better IMO. It looked like crap and was short but it was at least somewhat inventively told and had Nathan Fillion, Adam Baldwin and Alan Tudyk in it.

Halo 3 just felt like an over-textured and uninteresting version of Halo 2. Not to mention the plot was...what exactly? Other than "Defend Earth" there didn't seem to be one, it just felt like a series of missions strung together one after the other with little thought to narrative. Of all the Halo games (Halo Wars Excluded) I think Halo 3 was the worst.

Now if you had said "the good old days of Halo 2" I would be agreeing with you 10000%.

·
Banned
1,452 Posts
oh god those days were so good i got halo on release in 2007,i unlocked all the armor (except recon) and my friend use to come over and we play split screen online and we would get on the mic and start teasing people it was so funny,but then i got into pc gaming and started cod4
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Halo CE ~ best game in its time - I still remember being WOWed by the awesome graphics and gameplay

The game was way ahead for its time

·
Registered
698 Posts
My Xbox got an RROD a few months ago, and I haven't touched any Halos since last year, practically. The only thing I ever really play now without a new GPU is Halo 2 Vista or Need For Speed World. Man, even though H2V can never recreate the long days of customs back in '05, it still has the multiplayer, and I still like playing it. Any H2V players on here, anyway?
smile.gif

·
Registered
731 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulphalanx;13116830
Halo 1 ftw.
This. I remember the most awesome party I threw in high school consisted of 4 televisions in the middle of a room facing outward, each with an xbox (original), and couches/chairs all around like an arena. 16 of my bestest buddies and some of the best trash talk I've ever heard.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
When I was playing a not-so-popular official PC port of Halo: Combat Evolved from '08 to '10, my friends were having sleepless night playing Halo 3

I didn't really like halo 3 for its campaign, I liked it for the amount of online multiplayer you can have with your friends. From Forge to matchmaking to Co-op

1 - 20 of 41 Posts