Overclock.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just cehcking out the steam site and found this...

http://www.steampowered.com/index.ph...dodFreeWeekend

Day of Defeat: Source is the latest version of the WWII online action game from Valve®. This weekend, everyone is invited to try DoD: Source for free. Join the ranks as Axis or Allies troops located in Western Europe during the height of the war in 1944.

·
Registered
852 Posts
preloading now
I heard we'll be able to buy in stores soon which is great for me since my parents are anti credit card on the net.

·
Premium Member
4,596 Posts
So, after the weekend passes, the game will become unavailable to play? Does it get automatically deleted from our HDD's our something?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I think its kinda waste of time...the game is freaking 3gb!! which will take forever to download and just play for a day or two... =\\

·
Registered
688 Posts
That's why you just download it over night.

Anyway, I've been playing a fair amount this weekend and I have to say I really enjoy it a lot more than CS:S. I like that you choose a role you want to play rather than just getting whatever weapons you can afford, plus being able to respawn. It wasn't always fun having to watch the rest of a match if you die.

Why is CS:S so much more popular than this game? Just out of curiosity.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluecow003

That's why you just download it over night.

Anyway, I've been playing a fair amount this weekend and I have to say I really enjoy it a lot more than CS:S. I like that you choose a role you want to play rather than just getting whatever weapons you can afford, plus being able to respawn. It wasn't always fun having to watch the rest of a match if you die.

Why is CS:S so much more popular than this game? Just out of curiosity.

DoD:S was fun when I played, however it got rather reptitive and the maps were very small.

One key thing I enjoy CSS for much more are custom maps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts