Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my built computer for over a month now and throughout i have have random BSODing every 2-3 days, programs saying "This program has stopped working", and programs not responding. My friend and i suspect the ram, because i removed one stick before the computer turned on at all, but he has the same one without any problems. Would a Windows reinstall help? please say if any more info is needed

Any help on how to prevent any more problems would be greatly appreciated.

SPECS
- Asrock 970 extreme3 mobo
- AMD fx 6300 6 core 3.5Ghz CPU
- Corsair Vengeance 8GB RAM
- VTX3D Radeon HD 7850 GPU
- Seagate barracuda 1Tb HDD

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm on my mobile now because windows isn't actually starting up.

I embedded a picture, though I'm not sure if it will show up. I'm not too worried about the cpu temperature , because last time I checked it was around 16 C

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok the cpu temp is 30C
The ram frequency is set to auto, as well as the timing control
Other wise it says:
JEDEC_1 - 1333
JEDEC_2 - 1066
JEDEC_3 - 800

·
Registered
983 Posts
CPU temp ok, the jedec codes are the frequencies your RAM runs at. How many sticks of RAM? 2 x 4Gb or 4 x 2Gb?

·
Registered
983 Posts
Your RAM runs at (RAM Freq x FSB-HT Ref Clock.) RAM Freq = something like x5.33,x6.66, or x8. These are called dividers,and your mobo should have more....

·
Registered
983 Posts
If the system boots and then BSODing, below the text there must be a code,such as 0124xxxxxxx,or something similar. I would try to locate it and then search for this in the forums. And check again that all cables are properly installed ( I don't question your ability in assembling a rig,just a precaution). And check the sticks of RAM individually,to see if the system boots.
thumb.gif

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yeah I'm the friend. I had always heard about problems with older motherboards and getting piledriver CPUs to work. So when the the FX-6300 didn't work, I bought a cheap Sempron to flash the bios. I'm suspecting a ram or mobo problem. He has Corsair Vengance 2x4GB at 1600Mhz, I don't know the latency off my head, but my friend might know.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts