Overclock.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by steveo42024

Just took out a 3200 form a laptop and was wondering does it need those pads on the cpu like a athlon does before I put on the hsf?

No you don't need the pads, but to make good contact with the die you might want to sand down those 4 yellow bumbs on the yellow cpu retention socket. I had to do it with both my mobile chips to get good contact.

Edit:

Sorry I didn't realize you were using water cooling, if you are still using the retention bracket sand down the bumps, if not you should be able to get good contact with your water block.

·
Premium Member
3,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by metalman2785

No you don't need the pads, but to make good contact with the die you might want to sand down those 4 yellow bumbs on the yellow cpu retention socket. I had to do it with both my mobile chips to get good contact.

Edit:

Sorry I didn't realize you were using water cooling, if you are still using the retention bracket sand down the bumps, if not you should be able to get good contact with your water block.

Actually Im using a stock hsf to test it at my work and its not making contact with cpu
Can't file anything down cause its a work comp.

·
Premium Member
5,332 Posts
Threre is a edge on the inside of the bracket, I take a dremel to it intell the heat sink gose past the ridge then it should work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts