Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my ocz vertex 450 512gb ssd died recently so I went out and bought a crucial mx100 512gb ssd so my computer would not be down while I wait for ocz to RMA my ocz vertex 450 512gb . after installing the crucial mx100 512gb ssd I ran 3d mark 11 benchmark and my benchmark scores was 200 to 300 points lower then when I had my ocz vertex 450 512gb ssd . so I was wondering if the change of solid state drives effected my scores or if it is some thing else that is causing my scores to be lower . does the kind of solid state drive you are using effect 3d mark 11 bench marks ? also I am planning on adding the replacement ocz vertex 450 512gb ssd that ocz sends me to my build to use for storage . will adding the ocz vertex 450 512gb ssd to use for storage effect my 3d mark 11 benchmark scores ?

·
It's a me
2,882 Posts
The program is loaded into RAM before it runs so highly unlikely an SSD will show a difference. If so it's likely a coincidence
thumb.gif

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I don't see why storage performance would be factored into your score at all since 3DMark is supposed to bench your CPU/GPU.
If I had 3DMark I'd give it a test with my SSD and clone my OS to a HDD and compare the results but I don't have it so I can't give you an answer other than it probably shouldn't impact your score.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts