Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
^^That's my user name^^
9,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone use the chat link on the right of the hopepage? if not, that sux, lol

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by klewiss

does anyone use the chat link on the right of the hopepage? if not, that sux, lol

Why chat, we have the almighty forum, I'm actually suprised that Admin has not removed the chat yet.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Some of us believe that it takes away from the forum. Noone really gets onto it, it seems to work better just making posts. Maybe if there were a big button somewhere it would attract more attention to it.

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sloth_Boy

I was in the chat about a week ago and i kept gettign timed out.

I go into chat whenever I see someone in there to attempt to help.

·
Banned
1,085 Posts
I'm in chat right now and no ones there, I also think it would be good if more went into the chatroom.

People could ask questions and get instant asnwers and use could discuss stuff in there in real time.

Also, i think admin should have a chat moderator who just hangs around the chat to help people. like a technical guy

I just got timed out again, admin, please get that fixed, make it so there are no tiemouts

·
^^That's my user name^^
9,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

I was in the chat about a week ago and i kept gettign timed out.

i did that twice in 2 minutes

·
Banned
7,110 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by archer_456

I keep getting kicked out, LOL. Must be this crappy connection here at work.

we all get kicked out. its broken

·
^^That's my user name^^
9,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yah it sux
i'll try to get to admin

·
^^That's my user name^^
9,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I emailed the tech staff, with luck, someone may read it. lol

·
Banned
1,085 Posts
hey hey hey, i have an idea admin, if it's possible it could be really good. At the bottom of each section (example: Intel CPU's, Intel Memory, Cooling.etc) you should have a simple chat at the bottom where quick reply ussually is, or at the top, without all teh fancy settings just size, font colour and offourse the send button.

Then no one would have to enter chatroom and it people can see who's in there and they can still use the forums without ahving to enter a chatroom.

Do you get what i'm saying admin

Say a little chat thing up the top in between where it says "New Thread" and Overclock.net>>AMD.etc

That would be the best thing ever and i'm sure other would agree, use java or something since you already sue alot of java on this site

·
Banned
1,085 Posts
It would be faster than a post, or instead of every individual section, you could just have one at the bottom of the main page, i think that would be easier for you admin, then there's no entering rooms, you just scroll down the page and you can start chatting instantly.

I think it would be good becuase then if people need info quick, they just ask a quickie down there.

What do yuo think admin, sound good? Please admin, I'm sure that me and many others would probably rather just that little chat section at the bottom of the page to a database.

PS: What happened to that news section?

·
Banned
7,110 Posts
Quote:

So what do you think admin?

Yes or No

One of the reasons this forum has been and continues to be The only overclock
forum that really matters. Is the fact we sort all computer related problems in a public way. Kinda like actors with no script. LOL

1 - 20 of 20 Posts