Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
9,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Does the end mean it's probably not stable? Looks like it had an error to me, but I'm not positive. I would like to get a good idea before I try to prime.

I'd ask on the AMD forum, but for one it's intelburntest, and second I had a bit of a voltage mishap where it was reading 1.26 but probably wasn't and this currently voltage I'm testing at now might anger the lynch mob currently surrounding my other thread.

Thanks >.>

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
You can use LinX/IBT for inital testing, but you must use them properly. Atleast 20 runs with Ram close to whats available.
Then after that you need to run Prime95 Blend Custom with Ram close to whats available for atleast 12 hours.

In LinX/IBT the Time and Gflops should be very close to each other. Your screenshot shows a pretty unstable system.

·
Banned
9,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, it's to be expected since I'm quite a bit below the normal vcore required for these chips.

Looks like it's going to pass the first phase of Prime95.

I should admit I had music being uncoded to 5.1 and I was watching youtube while it was testing

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
ok that could have been why your last test was so much longer.
I would use IBT/LinX to find the correct Vcore before proceeding to Prime95, then you need less tweaking.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Try it again without the rest of the stuff running. Stress tests should be carried out on their own and just left to do their thing

Sounds like it's still good to me though if you can do all that whilst running IBT

1 - 7 of 7 Posts