Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I just bought my Phanteks Evolv Shift and parts minus the GPU for now as I need to be 100% sure I get one that fits and runs well in this case.

I want the Asus Strix GTX 1080Ti. Will this actually fit with no mods to the bracket or replacement of the PCIe Riser? I want the orientation to be with fans facing inwards (inside the case), as there is minimal clearance to the glass panel. I know that the Strix 1080Ti is a 2.5 slot card due to it's beefed up heatsink etc. and this case accepts only 2 slot, but what are all your experiences with this GPU?

I don't want to mod the case at all, and once installed I do want it to run fairly well. I won't be running it at full load all the time, just some gaming from time to time etc. Please post some pictures of the fitment if you managed with this card and if not please reccomend the best card to suit this awesome case, taking my other parts into account.

My build is:

Case: Phanteks Evolv Shift iTX
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix Z370-I iTX
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200C16D-16GTZR 16GB DDR4
CPU: Intel Core i7 8700K Coffee lake
SSD: Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 500GB
PSU: Corsair SF600 SFX 80 Plus Gold
GPU: ASUS ROG Strix Geforce GTX 1080Ti (I would like)
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken M22 120mm
Case Fans: Cryorig XF140 140mm Fan x2
Thermal Paste: Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Thermal Grease 1g

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
302 Posts
If you check the Evolve Shift X owners club thread, there is a person who said the strix barely fits. He had to bend the sliding metal bracket that holds the card for it to fit. I've seen several builds that use the Strix and it fits no problem. What is problematic, though, is the 3 fan design is inferior to a "founders edition" card for that case.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have that case with a evga 1080ti ftw 3 and the temps are insane on the vga if you push it. I had to remove the glass side to make it able to stay in 85 with fans at 60%.

Temps are a problem with this case.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts